shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal jewellery

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Corseted

Rough_Rock
My mum commissioned my auntie to make some bridal jewelry for me. This is a copy of the Tiffany Victoria bracelet. Each diamond is about 0.2 carat. What do you think? Is it too chunky?

The bracelet is in another country so I can''t model..sorry.

123 001-1.jpg

Corseted

Rough_Rock
I''m really worried that this earring and pendant set is too chunky for me. I''m quite petite at 5 ft and 108 pounds. What do you think?

Each diamond is 1 carat.

123 011.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure if they would be too chunky for you...but I do know they are stunning. I think as a bride you can get away with wearing bolder jewelry, and I think these are bold because of size, but delicate because of design. Would love to see proportions on a person, though!

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I think the pendant and bracelet are great! However, if you're worried abt the earrings looking chunky, maybe you can just skip the jackets. After all, 1 carat diamonds on their own will already give very good ear coverage! I'm 5' half inch, and just 5lbs heavier than you.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I think that pendant and earring would look great on you, especially as your bridal jewelry. LIB is right about being able to wear more bold jewelry for your wedding. I am a little smaller than you and I would DEFINITELY be wearing those without a worry in the world! They are really pretty! I also agree about maybe nixing the earring jackets since the diamonds are already 1 carat each.

*M*

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That bracelet is absolutely beautiful, and I think a perfect size. I LOVE the flower on it.

I also ditto maybe removing the earring jacket if you feel they''re too big. Those studs would be great all on their own.

What a lucky girl to have so many pretties for your wedding!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think whether the jewelry is too chunky also depends on the dress and veil and how the whole ensemble goes together. By themselves I think the pieces are really beautiful, but with a lot of other "stuff" going on I could see how it would be a bit *much*.

Lucky girl, BTW, to have so many lovely pieces of wedding jewelry!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Of course they look huge right now - they''re hugely magnified in the photos!! I agree that they will probably work just fine for size since you can get away with a bit more on your wedding day. That said, I agree it will probably depend on your dress and veil, too.

Have you seen them in person yet? It was''t clear to me whether you have the earrings and pendant yet (though you did say the bracelet is out of the country). Can you request that some more photos be taken, but this time being worn or with something in the photo for scale? It might give you (and us!) a clearer idea of what to expect. Sure, you can guesstimate knowing the diamond sizes, but I think the numbers are what''s driving the concern about size (more so than the photos).

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2007 9:39:31 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
I think whether the jewelry is too chunky also depends on the dress and veil and how the whole ensemble goes together. By themselves I think the pieces are really beautiful, but with a lot of other ''stuff'' going on I could see how it would be a bit *much*.

I totally agree with DeeJay!

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
first....GORGEOUS. second, as to size, i have a similar bracelet...actually two. one all diamonds and the other sapphire and diamond...same style baskets, but i do not have the victoria clasp. mine is approx .13 each, and it is 6.25 inches long, and could be shorter, studs are .92 each, pendant is .85ct....tiny wrists and fingers (size 4 1/8)...big earlobes. i am 5ft 3in and weigh about 110....so i am probably a bit taller and narrower than you are. my bracelet is appropriate for everyday wear. yours should be fabulous for most occasions. the pendant is just fine, no matter what...my .85 looks larger than it is because i am so small. the earrings will depend on the size of your earlobes. mine actually look small on me becasue my earlobes are on the large side.

short answer, see if auntie can photograph the jewels on someone who is roughly your size. all that said, the jewelry is beautiful; enjoy it!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ummmm, no such thing as too bold with that jewelry! Oh my goodness, those are gorgeous pieces...I''d die to wear them on my wedding day. Sure its a matter of personal taste, but I think you''ll look stunning....the design is quite delicate and in my opinion, very appropriate. Heck, I''d wear them with jeans and a white tshirt...hee hee.....

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
divergirl: i agree, and do! nothing like a white t-shirt and beautiful diamonds!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look gorgeous! I think they''ll be very appropriate for your wedding day! I might skip the earring jackets, depending on the size of your earlobes, but you''ll just have to try them on and see! I think the pendant and bracelet will be fine as long as they look good with your dress.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2007 10:11:39 AM
Author: neatfreak

I think whether the jewelry is too chunky also depends on the dress and veil and how the whole ensemble goes together. By themselves I think the pieces are really beautiful, but with a lot of other ''stuff'' going on I could see how it would be a bit *much*.

my thoughts too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous pieces--enjoy!

cheers--Sharon

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Corseted, I say this with love: I think you need to put that crack pipe down, sober up, and then re-read your OP..."Problem?" All I see is alot of free diamond jewerly...I dont see any problems here...
28.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2007 12:08:41 PM
Author: jcrow

I think whether the jewelry is too chunky also depends on the dress and veil and how the whole ensemble goes together. By themselves I think the pieces are really beautiful, but with a lot of other 'stuff' going on I could see how it would be a bit *much*.

my thoughts too.
I totally agree with Dee*Jay too.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2007 1:04:17 PM
Author: snlee

Date: 6/21/2007 12:08:41 PM
Author: jcrow

my thoughts too.
I totally agree with Dee*Jay too.
Me too! I think everything you have is gorgeous. Come back w/pics of it on and your wedding dress so we can tell you. Beautiful pieces and lucky girl
9.gif

Corseted

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the affirmation, guys. My mom bought the diamonds without telling me. I chose the designs before PS, with very little knowledge of what is appropriate or not. I will post pictures and specs once I get them.

I know I''m very lucky but I would really rather my mom put that money aside, she''s not getting any younger. There were actually 4 1-carat diamonds. One of them was meant for a ring. I told my mom to return it because I alrady have a lovely engagement ring. My pathetic effort at saving some money for her ;-)

Well..now the jewelry''s made and I am getting excited about getting them.
Maybe I should ask my auntie to model the jewelry
41.gif

I do need to check whether the earrings droop and whether the pendant''s chain is the right length. Are there any other questions I should ask?

Thanks again, ladies. PS has been such a great help.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous pieces!! You''re a lucky bride!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your dress, veil and hair style will determine a lot.

I think the bracelet is great, and I would nix the jackets so it is not too matchy, just wear the studs and the pendant! How lucky you are, it is all great! Save the jackets for another time...

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
What beautiful wedding jewelry!! You are so lucky! I love how your earrings have the removable jackets which will give them completely different looks to go with your different outfits (after the wedding.) 1 carat is really big and you will have lots of ear coverage!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the jewelry will be perfect for your wedding but like others said, you could always wear them without their jackets if you think they are too much. How generous of your mom!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results