shape
carat
color
clarity

Breaking Bad

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone watch this show? I can't get enough.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do. Great show. Too bad it's ending.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG- I am so addicted to the show.
I was practically crying after what happened last night.
Are you guys current- have you seen the latest episode?

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Yes, watch it, have seen them all and I'm current.

IMO it's one of the best shows that I've ever seen (and I watch a lot of tv, lol). I have mixed feelings about last night's episode, but the show has been consistently amazing.

I know that the spinoff with Saul's character has been confirmed, but I probably won't watch it. For one thing it's supposedly a prequel, and I generally hate prequels. Also, while I do like Saul, I'm not sure his character is so interesting that he can carry a show.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm current. Could barely sleep last nite! :shock:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Love the show, but it sure is hard to actually "like" any of the characters-lol. Well, except for Walt's kids =) And Saul's pretty amusing-but I can't really see a show based around him, either.

So... how do you all think it's going to end?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
L O V E the show! I can't believe there are only 2 shows left...EVER!!

Last night was ... um... thought provoking.

I love watching the "Talking Bad" shows an hour later - so weird to see the actors smile and laugh!!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
soxfan|1379351029|3521702 said:
SPOILER ALERT...

I agree.
I really liked Hank- and never expected him to come to that end...and so suddenly. I was really sad
I've been having this discussion ( argument) with my brother about Jessie.
I see him as a hero of sorts.
He was so.....well, stupid when the show stated, and he developed into a person of character, of sorts.
One of my favorite scenes was when he was in the Mexican lab and met their "chemist"
My bro feels he's a slimeball.
I feel like all the bad things he's done are a result of Walt's actions.

Thoughts?

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Rockdiamond|1379364627|3521851 said:
soxfan|1379351029|3521702 said:
SPOILER ALERT...

I agree.
I really liked Hank- and never expected him to come to that end...and so suddenly. I was really sad
I've been having this discussion ( argument) with my brother about Jessie.
I see him as a hero of sorts.
He was so.....well, stupid when the show stated, and he developed into a person of character, of sorts.
One of my favorite scenes was when he was in the Mexican lab and met their "chemist"
My bro feels he's a slimeball.
I feel like all the bad things he's done are a result of Walt's actions.

Thoughts?

DAMMIT!!! :blackeye: I saw spoiler alert, and tried to look away, but saw Hand and end... Haven't seen the episode yet. We are waiting a week or so to have a couple to watch at a time, because we can never watch just one!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

Very sad about Hank and Gomie. ;( Never saw that coming. I hate Walt and I hope he gets what's coming to him. He has caused so much suffering and destruction.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1379364267|3521844 said:

I love watching the "Talking Bad" shows an hour later - so weird to see the actors smile and laugh!!

I watch Talking Bad, also. So weird to see Dean Norris (Hank) smiling on last night's episode. Hank was always so serious. I think Hank cumulatively did not smile the whole series as much as Dean smiled on Talking Bad.

I also listen to the podcast "Breaking Bad Insider" which provide interesting background information about each episode.

ETA: Here's the link to an article containing an interview with the woman who wrote last night's episode. She said, "I can say you’re going to have more uncomfortable nights on your sofa. I can say that." Yup, I bet! But only two left. :(

http://www.today.com/entertainment/breaking-bad-producer-i-didnt-script-baby-saying-mama-8C11169986

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
mary poppins|1379388437|3522092 said:

I watch Talking Bad, also. So weird to see Dean Norris (Hank) smiling on last night's episode. Hank was always so serious. I think Hank cumulatively did not smile the whole series as much as Dean smiled on Talking Bad.I also listen to the podcast "Breaking Bad Insider" which provide interesting background information about each episode.

ETA: Here's the link to an article containing an interview with the woman who wrote last night's episode. She said, "I can say you’re going to have more uncomfortable nights on your sofa. I can say that." Yup, I bet! But only two left. :(

http://www.today.com/entertainment/breaking-bad-producer-i-didnt-script-baby-saying-mama-8C11169986

I know!! and then that little post about how he actually went to HARVARD!! who knew?? Boy, I'm going to miss this show --- its crazy how some shows really draw you in. Homeland, Suits, Weeds.... a few of my guilty pleasures! :bigsmile:

melz

Shiny_Rock
I love this show. And I like Jesse.

I heard that Walter was putting on Skyler when he made that phone call and told her Hank got what was coming to him ... that he was trying to protect her by making himself the (really) bad guy and putting distance between them. It kind of makes sense when you think about how he started crying and hung up the phone. On the other hand, he is perfectly capable of being a scumbag just because.

To answer the question of what do you think will happen -- I think Walter will die in the end, but maybe he will end up giving the feds info on the other bad guys. My BF thought he spotted a wire on Walt when they did that flash forward at the beginning of this 1/2 season showing Walt in a diner with a bunch of guns in his trunk and NH plates. I'm thinking Hank dying put him over the edge and he's seeking revenge. I still think Walt should die, but it would give him some redemption if he took a few folks out on the way. That's what I hope happens anyway.

melz

Shiny_Rock
Aack okay I see the phone convo bit was covered in the interview!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1379425579|3522253 said:

I watch Talking Bad, also. So weird to see Dean Norris (Hank) smiling on last night's episode. Hank was always so serious. I think Hank cumulatively did not smile the whole series as much as Dean smiled on Talking Bad.I also listen to the podcast "Breaking Bad Insider" which provide interesting background information about each episode.

I know!! and then that little post about how he actually went to HARVARD!! who knew?? Boy, I'm going to miss this show --- its crazy how some shows really draw you in. Homeland, Suits, Weeds.... a few of my guilty pleasures! :bigsmile:

I haven't seen Homeland, Suits or Weeds. Maybe I'll check them out. The show I really love other than Breaking Bad is Shameless. Love, love, love it and looking forward to the new season starting in January.

I wonder what Vince Gilligan will do next.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad to see hank gone. I hope they get Marie next, so annoying! And skyler! Can't stand her. I'm rooting for Walt to get away with it!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1379556412|3523303 said:
I'm so glad to see hank gone. I hope they get Marie next, so annoying! And skyler! Can't stand her. I'm rooting for Walt to get away with it!

I can't believe you just put that in writing, bitch!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
soxfan|1379337483|3521580 said:
Does anyone watch this show? I can't get enough.

I've watched the show every season since it first came out and loved it at first, but over the years, it's become more difficult to enjoy. Almost all the characters are just extremely horrible people - cruel, etc., and I'm kind of glad to see it come to an end.

At this point, the only two characters that I mostly still can sort of like are Marie (EXCEPT for what she did to Walt, Jr. in the last episode) b/c she really just wanted to do right (except for her little "habit," but considering all the illegal activities everyone else does, it's like her being a kid stealing candy in a candy store), and I like Jesse. Every time anything bad has happened, he's experienced extreme remorse and he is just flat out guilt ridden and in so much anguish.

It'll be interesting to see the spin-off being made about Saul Goodman.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
mary poppins|1379517025|3522882 said:
Enerchi|1379425579|3522253 said:

I haven't seen Homeland, Suits or Weeds. Maybe I'll check them out. The show I really love other than Breaking Bad is Shameless. Love, love, love it and looking forward to the new season starting in January.

I wonder what Vince Gilligan will do next.

Homeland is good. I bought the first season on my KF and watched it, but haven't purchased the second yet. Claire Danes is EXCELLENT in the role and it's a great show. She swears SO much, so be prepared for that!

We watched Weeds up to maybe one of the most reason seasons...I'm not sure if we're up to date. The show became so far removed from the original storyline that we were wondering what in the world the point of continuing the story was and it was just silly and pointless and we turned it off after one of the episodes and sort of were side tracked by other shows like Game of Thrones, etc.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
mary poppins|1379559266|3523350 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Mary Poppins - that's "YO BITCH"!!! ;)) :lol: lol!! Ah Jesse... ever the gentleman w his greetings and salutations!!

AprilBaby - I also am not a big fan of Marie - what is her problem being such a complete and utter BUSY BODY!?!?! man - :roll:
And Skylar - I agree, she's become so bland.. I thought it interesting how she was dressed all in beige at the last show... like she's symbolically being 'washed out' or washed away.... That's my 'deep moment' for the day! :praise:

I'm thinking he may get away with it, if the flashback on the first episode is an indication... but maybe the neighbour runs inside and calls the cops and they catch him ... !

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1379607300|3523551 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Mary Poppins - that's "YO BITCH"!!! ;)) :lol: lol!! Ah Jesse... ever the gentleman w his greetings and salutations!!

AprilBaby - I also am not a big fan of Marie - what is her problem being such a complete and utter BUSY BODY!?!?! man - :roll:
And Skylar - I agree, she's become so bland.. I thought it interesting how she was dressed all in beige at the last show... like she's symbolically being 'washed out' or washed away.... That's my 'deep moment' for the day! :praise:

I'm thinking he may get away with it, if the flashback on the first episode is an indication... but maybe the neighbour runs inside and calls the cops and they catch him ... !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope Marie goes to Belize. Science, bitches.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1379607300|3523551 said:

I actually DIDN'T like Marie until things just became so bad now toward the end and she's the only one who hasn't tried to kill people off or just be ultra evil, but maybe that'll be a surprise ending...Marie goes ballistic w/an uzi. A purple uzi.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Random question: Marie has a preference for the colour purple, big time! But why did the producers/directors (?) go over the top with it, placing it everywhere in her house? There is purple everywhere in her house (rug, pillows, tea kettle), she wears purple all the time...is it to reinforce that Marie is very dogged with her opinions/beliefs or something else? and why PURPLE?

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Spoiler:

I hate Walt with a passion. I detest him. His moral compass is arbitrary at best. There is nothing that he can do, imo, to redeem himself however I do hope that he rescues Jessie from the white supremacists' cooking hell hole that they have him in. Maybe that's why they've shown Walt with a bunch of guns in his crappy car, going back into his old house to get the ricin (spl?). Maybe Walt rescues Jessie, then takes the ricin and ends it all.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS...and prediction

I think it's very interesting what's happening here. We've watched Walt spiral further and further down the rabbit hole, to the point that he ordered a hit on Jesse. Yet at the same time he hysterically offered up his entire fortune to save Hank's life - even though Hank would not stop in trying to bring him down, leading to his death. Also interesting to note that Hank was buried in the same spot as Walt's money - to me it's an in your face example of the cost of Walt's greed and ago.

The offering up of his fortune, however, just proves the point that at his core Walt really is a family man. (He wanted to MURDER Jesse, yet he would've given up all of the money for Hank!) And the staged phone call for the cops was another way for him to protect his family, at cost to himself.

My personal prediction is that he finds out, months later and probably near death, that Jesse is a meth slave. I think the show ends with him liberating Jesse and killing the Nazi gang. I think that after having time to think things over and realizing what his actions have truly caused (a huge death toll!!), that he will want to get Jesse out rather than kill him.

At least I hope so. I do love Jesse. We've been set up to root for Walt's downfall for a long time, but what if he decides to go out a hero instead?

I can't stand Marie or his son, Skyler I can at least understand somewhat so I don't hate her (although I admit that I used to - and I don't love her either).

I don't know...just my personal theory :)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
maccers|1379608881|3523569 said:
Spoiler:

I hate Walt with a passion. I detest him. His moral compass is arbitrary at best. There is nothing that he can do, imo, to redeem himself however I do hope that he rescues Jessie from the white supremacists' cooking hell hole that they have him in. Maybe that's why they've shown Walt with a bunch of guns in his crappy car, going back into his old house to get the ricin (spl?). Maybe Walt rescues Jessie, then takes the ricin and ends it all.

I was writing before I saw your post - just wanted to add I think you're quite possibly right about the ricin.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I can't believe there is only one episode left. ;( Walt forgot he was Heisenberg for a moment. ;))

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Less than 48 hours until the last episode! I'm eager to see it and dreading it at the same time. Eager because they are always so good and keep me wanting more, and dreading because it will be the last one.

So Betsy Brandt (Marie) already has a new gig. She plays Micheal J. Fox's wife on the Michael J. Fox Show. i saw the premiere last week and wasn't too impressed. Not sure if it was the story or the acting (maybe both) but I didn't find the show compelling. Prior to airing, it got poor reviews. We'll see how long it lasts.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can someone tell me what this show is? I read every posting in this thread including the spoilers and I still don't know. I could look it up on-line, but why should I do that when I could finish it right here where I started the process? I had never heard of the show until I saw this thread.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1380384876|3528862 said:
Can someone tell me what this show is? I read every posting in this thread including the spoilers and I still don't know. I could look it up on-line, but why should I do that when I could finish it right here where I started the process? I had never heard of the show until I saw this thread.

Deb/AGBF
:read:
It's a show about a science teacher who finds out he's got cancer, and in order to build a nest egg for his family for after he's gone, he starts making meth.

That's about all I know.

And besides everyone talking about it nonstop, the only reason I've been paying attention is the fact that it's based in Albuquerque. Pinkman's house is just up the street from the house I grew up in (5 houses away I think?). :mrgreen: I only learned this when my friend posted a pic of the house from the BrBa tour in ABQ.

My husband and I haven't started watching it yet. We wanted to be able to watch the entire thing at once. Now, we can. :tongue:

ETA: Oops, no, just 3 houses. Lol!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results