shape
carat
color
clarity

Bread recipes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

I''ve been wanting to dig out my breadmachine from the dundgeon of seldom-used-appliances. However, I''ve lost my recipe folder where I had tried and tested bread recipes, so I''m wondering if someone can share their bread recipes with me?

Thanks!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, no! Don''t get me started! I could end up typing for a week!!! It''s almost 4:00 am here and I have to go back to bed, but I will try to post the easiest (and everyone''s favorite) bread recipe later. It is for, "Crusty Cuban Bread". It has no oil at all! I also have recipes for other, far richer, totally delicious breads!

Deb
34.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohh I can''t wait!

Looking forward to the recipes!!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF,

I hope you are not still typing
2.gif

Or have u forgotten about this thread? *nudge nudge*

xoxo

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2006 10:58:49 PM
Author: jadeleaves
Or have u forgotten about this thread?

Totally. I am going to get one of my bread books. mea culpa.

34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crusty Cuban Bread

Very similar to French bread - great with cheese and/or wine.

small

water 2/3 cup
sugar 3/4 tsp
salt 1 1/2 tsp
bread flour 1 1/2 cups
yeast 1 tsp

If you have a French bread or crusty setting, it may be used for this bread, although it is not necessary.

34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crusty Cuban Bread

medium

water 1 cup
sugar 1 tsp
salt 1-1 1/2 tsp
bread flour 2 cups
yeast 1 1/2 tsp

If you have a French bread or crusty setting, it may be used for this bread, although it is not necessary.

34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
>Crusty Cuban Bread[/b]

large

water 1 1/3 cup
sugar 1 1/2 tsp
salt 2 tsps
bread flour 3 cups
yeast 2 1/2 tsps

34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not know how to post a recipe in three sizes the way it is printed on one page in a bread book. If you tell me what size loaf you usually make, jadeleaves, I will post all the recipes in that size!

Deb
34.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks AGBF!

I usually make 1kg loaves
1.gif

I''ll try your recipe this wkend!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2006 5:14:10 AM
I usually make 1kg loaves
1.gif

I was afraid of that :(. We don''t do metric in the US (I think we do "Imperial"?) and I haven''t had to fool with conversions since I lived in France. Basically a kilo is 2.2 lbs, but I haven''t a clue as to how that translates into bread size. I think I''ll have to use a conversion site. Thank God for the Internet. There was a time when I used to have to get my high school chemistry book and go looking for a formula ;-).

34.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2006 7:45:23 PM
Author: AGBF

I was afraid of that :(. We don''t do metric in the US (I think we do ''Imperial''?) and I haven''t had to fool with conversions since I lived in France. Basically a kilo is 2.2 lbs, but I haven''t a clue as to how that translates into bread size. I think I''ll have to use a conversion site. Thank God for the Internet. There was a time when I used to have to get my high school chemistry book and go looking for a formula ;-).
34.gif

AGBF I made the bread today - THANK YOU THANK YOU! It was perfect, we had it with beef stew and the entire loaf is gone
9.gif

I''m already troubling you for the recipes, so I can do the conversion myself if you post it in imperial measurements!

I think I might bake another loaf tomorrow, but this time I will use the bread machine to mix the dough and finish it off in the oven by shaping the dough into smaller rolls.

*yum*

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/1/2006 6:23:29 AM
I can do the conversion myself if you post it in imperial measurements!

I think I might bake another loaf tomorrow, but this time I will use the bread machine to mix the dough and finish it off in the oven by shaping the dough into smaller rolls.

Fantastic! Then I will always post the measurements for the largest loaf. Because if the dough won''t be baking inside your machine, but in your oven, we need not worry about whether there is enough room inside your bread machine! And thank you for letting me off the hook for conversions :).

I will post a Sally Lunn bread recipe next. It''s the opposite of this one: full of eggs and butter, but has always been just as well loved as this one by my family.

I am so happy you tried it (and actually liked it!!)

Deb
34.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF,

I baked the rolls in the oven on Sunday, and they turned out great too! We had the rolls buttered for lunch with ham, tomato and lettuce and the bread was nice and fluffy but crusty on the outside. *yum*

Can''t wait for more recipes! My brother-in-law had some as well, and he''s asked me to bake more for this wkend when he''s making curry :razz:

Thanks!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sally Lunn Bread

Large Size -For Bread Machine​

A very rich, European tasting bread. The eggs give it lots of terrific taste and color. Tradition says that a young Englishwoman, Sally Lunn, sold this bread on the streets of Bath. Most bread cookbooks contain a version of this, which attests to its wonderful flavor. This is one of those breads which will never last to see leftovers.*

milk 1/4 cup
water 1/2 cup
margarine/butter 7 T.
eggs 3
salt 1 1/2 tsp
sugar 1/4 cup
bread 3 cups
yeast 2 tsp

Note that this is a very high rising loaf. Use less yeast than you usually do and do not decrease amount of salt.

*From The Bread Machine Cookbook by Donna Rathmell German

34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results