shape
carat
color
clarity

Brainstorm with me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wiscg

Rough_Rock
Okay, help me out here.

I am in the process of putting together a custom ring, antique filigree and a motif in the style of a certain flower, my girlfriend''s favorite. I was thinking of proposal ideas, and here''s what I got: Nothing big or public, none of the ring in a glass of champaign or on a piece of cake after dinner at a fancy restaraunt type of traditional proposal. Something simple and personal. I was thinking of incorporating the flower motif I''m having custom done on the e-ring. Do any of you folks have ideas on how I can do that? I was thinking perhaps having her come home one day (we live together) and finding a bouquet of her flowers, and upon further inspection, the ring tied to one of the stems near the middle. ("what''s that shining from inside the bouquet?") Or perhaps have a note on the bouquet with a note saying "turn around" or something, and I''ll be there on one knee. What do you guys think?

BTO

Rough_Rock
wiscg,

There are so many possibilities...where to start?
appl.gif

How about telling us what her favorite flower is? Also, sounds like you might be thinking of an at-home proposal. Do you two live in an apartment, house, etc.?

Fill us in! This forum is chock-full of creative people that are sure to have some great ideas.
1.gif

Brandy

wiscg

Rough_Rock
I was trying to keep from saying what flower it was because of the off-chance that she'd read this and figure it out. Though I really doubt she comes here, I just like being extra careful. Surprises are hard to pull off.

Anyway, we live in an apartment together. I was thinking of an at-home proposal, because I know she'd like something more personal than public. I had briefly considered surprising her at work, but I don't think she wants to be seen getting all weepy and emotional in front of people.
1.gif

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
Agree...I'd like to know what the flower is so I have the visual for my imagination.

wiscg

Rough_Rock
Heh fine, it's not like she'll check this board anyway. And if she has, she probably already knows about the ring and proposal. Anyway, she loves lilies of the valley

BTO

Rough_Rock
I can understand you wanting to keep it a secret. Is it a really obscure bloom that would be a dead giveaway or something?

If you decide to use her favorite flower, I say go all out and order a boatload of them (budget permitting, of course)!

Ok, from the "wisc" I'm guessing you live in Wisconsin? The weather is getting nice now...do you have a balcony or a patio at the apartment? And if so, is it at least semi-private? (ie, can you sit out there and have a conversation without everyone staring at your or listening?)

If so, what about creating a little romantic garden theme? Do you have a little table & chair set out there? You could use dining chairs out there and cover the outdoor table with a tablecloth to dress it up. Get together a bunch of inexpensive vases (Michael's, craft store) of different sizes and shapes, colored or all clear. And just load them up with her favorite flower. Set the vases (or bowls, etc.) and have them on the table, on the railing, on the ground, everywhere. String some pretty white twinkle lights and candles. Maybe cook her favorite dinner or order in from her favorite restaurant...

Then enjoy yourselves with some great food, wine, champagne, flowers and just let the proposal come naturally.

That might sounds cheesy, but I think it could be really beautiful. And also special. There is something so sweet about taking an ordinary place you use everyday and turning it into something extraordinary for one night--to mark an extraordinary occasion.

Not sure if that will help you at all, figured I'd just throw some ideas out there!
12.gif

Brandy

wiscg

Rough_Rock
Yeah kind of obscure, but I'll bet on the fact that she doesn't access this board.

I wish we had a balcony or patio, that would be a great idea. But come to think of it, I may be able to work out a way to get up to the roof of our building. Perhaps I can pick a nice day, set up some kind of dinner table up there with the right kind of flowers, make some food, watch the sunset, do what I need to. That sounds very good to me. How about to the rest of you?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I love this idea. Very romantic, very private. The kind of thing you see in the movies, and you would remember forever since it is different. Makes for a nice story also....

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 6/17/2004 4:42:34 PM wiscg wrote:

Yeah kind of obscure, but I'll bet on the fact that she doesn't access this board.

I wish we had a balcony or patio, that would be a great idea. But come to think of it, I may be able to work out a way to get up to the roof of our building. Perhaps I can pick a nice day, set up some kind of dinner table up there with the right kind of flowers, make some food, watch the sunset, do what I need to. That sounds very good to me. How about to the rest of you?----------------

That sounds lovely. I was proposed to at home as well. My husband made me breakfast and he proposed to me while we were still in our pajamas. She will love the proposal no matter how you do it as long as you are sincere.

Good luck and please follow up with pictures of the ring on her finger!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if you could get lilly of the vally bulbs in various stages of growth (i.e.- growth of your relationship). You could talk about the planting (the day you met). Then the growing & rooting. And, then the flower just before bloom (your engagement) & a full plant blooming for your marriage. Yeah, I'm corny.

BTW, I love those little bells. They grow wild in my garden.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results