shape
carat
color
clarity

bought on ebay

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Purchased from The Gem Trader ebay auction. Absolutely true to picture, very well-cut. Would be nice for a collection. Do not know if I need it or should have bought it since it is not jewelry material, at least not for the moment, but it is a fine specimen.

Attachments

• jxrammy.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 373

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brad sells some very unique gems and his stones are always better IRL or at least true to what I see on my monitor. It looks like something that will be great for any collection. I do have some stones that I probably will never set but purchased them for their unique properties.

americanthai

Rough_Rock
Brad is a really good guy to work with. He has both ''mainstream'' and unusual stones, and really good photos.

gsellis

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I can''t guess the size for the detail, but why is it not jewelry material? If it is larger than 10mm, even a $5 Tripps mount and a silver chain would make a nice pendant that would go with white and/or lavendar? Of course, you could get 14k for a lot more. Or if you know a wirewrapper.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has a very nice cut and is very interesting as a stone, I just have many other stones to set at the moment. Also, it is extremely interesting at the lavender end - it changes from very light to very intense lavender, and it is fascinating. If I decide to make a jewelry out of it, it has to be something that does not block the effect.

Either way, it is a fine collector''s specimen.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
whats up with the picture and all the pixels..looks like a**..ewww

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 8:30:20 PM
Author: gsellis
I can''t guess the size for the detail, but why is it not jewelry material? If it is larger than 10mm, even a $5 Tripps mount and a silver chain would make a nice pendant that would go with white and/or lavendar? Of course, you could get 14k for a lot more. Or if you know a wirewrapper.

George!

You and I think alike! I was thinking exactly the same thing! A cheap Tripps mount, a pair of pliers, and off you go! You can buy their kit, watch their you tube video, and you''re set (LOL my own pun).

I think it would make a fantastic pendant, a real conversation starter. . .

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I like it!
30.gif

What is it?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2010 10:14:49 PM
Author: iLander

I like it!
30.gif

What is it?
it is a bi-colored JXR amethyst.

Amguy - I had not time to make my own pics. So I just posted Brad''s vendor picture. Any problems with it?

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
yea i knew it was not your pic, cras..why the large pixels?..looks funny..not clean looking(not the stone but the pic..like the stone).. ugly picture with the dots..looks like it was shot on a 1980''s camera or something and uploaded to the 80''s apple macintosh

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results