shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought my ring online -about my experience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brooksbell

Rough_Rock
I''ve been reading this site for a few months while I''ve been going through the ring purchasing process. My boyfriend (we''ve been together for 5 and a half years) gave me a 1.42 carat loose canary radiant diamond for my birthday. He bought the stone online at the IceStore and worked with Ariel Friedman. He got an excellent price and an absolutely gorgeous diamond. I guess the reason he bought the diamond from the Icestore is because he was looking for a colored diamond and it was difficult for him to find a trustworthy site to buy it from. We received the complete GIA report about the diamond and had it checked out once we got it. So he had a positive experience working with the IceStore in terms of buying the diamond.

After he gave me the diamond on my birthday, we went shopping together for setting. I wanted something clean, modern, but elegant. We shopped locally and went to 5 stores or so and had a very difficult time finding something I loved. Finally, at a local store I discovered Verragio and felt it was perfect. I chose the ENG-0069p setting and the store called Verragio to get a quote on it for me. It took them about a week to get Verragio to call them back with a quote, so in the meantime I did some online research to find out roughly how much the setting cost. I called Billbarnes.com and asked them to get a quote for me, and within 20 minutes they called me back..AND their price came in about $1000 less expensive than the local shop quoted (includes the savings in sales tax). I spoke with Brooke at Billbarnes and she was very nice and also very responsive. We went ahead and ordered the ring from Bill Barnes and it was a great experience! The best part was the fact that I could email Brooke and she would get back to me almost immediately, and since I emailed her, I didn''t feel like I was bothering her. She would keep me updated with the status of the setting via email. In addition, they took our deadlines very seriously and Fedexed the ring back to us in time for our engagement party. I was very pleased with our online experience, and I LOVE the ring now that I have it! My birthday was June 5, so it''s been about 2 months of looking, deciding, and waiting, but it''s totally worth it. And between the diamond and the setting, I think we''ve saved probably 3 or 4k on the ring. So - thanks to IceStore and Bill Barnes.com!

Once I get a digital camera, I''ll take some good pictures of the ring...it''s impossible to find pictures of canary diamond.

Froof

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Glad to hear that you had a good online shopping experience! I look forward to seeing the pictures.

5 1/2 years? Is this going to be an e-ring, or is that not in the picture yet?
naughty.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
*cough*

she says they got the ring in time for their engagement party.

My guess is that they're engaged...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bill Barnes

I just did a search using the word, "Barnes" because I thought I had seen the name mentioned here. The site BillBarnes.com came up as I was searching the ''net for a gold chain. I had remembered his jewelry as being more expensive than other pieces when I did searches in the past. He had what I was looking for, though, so I bought it. (I need to substitute a chain for a rubber one that is coming with a pendant. The pendant is for my mother and I cannot see her, at 85, wearing black rubber!)

BTW, is there really a Bill Barnes or is it just a store and/or website name?

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results