shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought diamond and setting seperate, cost to set and appraise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jjoshj

Rough_Rock
Hello I have finally completed my diamond buy, will post more about my etail expereince later however I would like to know if anyone has recommendations and/or prices to have a 1.3ct stone set into a tiffany solitare and also appraised at the same time? I bought the diamond and setting from two different sources.
Am I better off at a local jewler for this or is there a reliable online source to turn too.
Thanks

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
Just went to Kay and they told me 150 for the ring and 150 to mount. Not that much, im buying from the internet too and she tried persauding me not to saying "you dont get a warranty most of the time and if it chips. . . blah, blah blah." She got me thinking for a sec, I would like a good warrenty but you cant beat the price on the net.

JC

Shiny_Rock
Well, seeing that you have purchased the diamond and setting from two different companies you may find that local jewelers as well as appraisers can charge for each. All in all, you''ll most likely pay somewhere between $200-$400 when combining both the mounting and appraisal fee.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Daniel B. Just get insurance on your ring once it''s complete and then don''t worry. Much better alternative than a "warranty" from Kay IMO.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We do this and I sent you a detailed message about it. Glad to assist people in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results