shape
carat
color
clarity

bought a nondisclosed fracture filled diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

keemle

Rough_Rock
HELP! My husband bought me a 1.5 princess cut diamond (SI2, G). I have had this ring since October and just recently took it to another jewelery store to have an anniversary band added to the engagement ring. Well, the jewelry store told me that they couldn''t work on my ring because it is a fracture filled diamond. I called the original jeweler, who said there was NOOOO way she could have sold me a fracture filled diamond. I took the ring to an independent appraiser who also verified that the ring is a fracture filled diamond. The original jewelry store said that if I come in with the official appraisal that states it is a fracture filled diamond (my original appraisal does not declare any clarity enhancements) that they would replace my diamond. Does this seem right? I am thinking I should ask the jeweler for a full refund and then go to a reputable jewelry store instead. Any ideas? Is it illegal for them to sell me a diamond that is fracture filled? I have been looking online to see what my rights are as a consumer, but am having trouble finding information. Thanks!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh boy, what a can of worms. Yes, it is illegal to sell a fracture filled diamond without disclosure if they did it knowingly. Prove they knew. See the problem. I would take them up on their offer pending verification by another appraisal that this one is kosher.

BTW, they made the offer to replace because they know they are in deep doodoo with this one. Let them make it right. If they did not do it knowingly, there''s no reason to seek the help of law enforcement. You can bet they will yank the chain of their supplier for leaving their shorts in the open. Just my .02. Give them the benefit of the doubt. Oh, yes, trust but verify.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results