shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought a new stone today. How''d I do? I''m worried.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladds1

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone.

I ventured out today (after doing some basic research online over the last few days) to purchase an engagement ring for my fiance to be. I was successful in finding both a ring that I like very much and a round brilliant cut stone.

The stone is where I''m worried. I went in knowing that I wanted something in the ideal cut category, but that I''d likely have to sacrifice some size to stay within my budget. Anyway here is how I shook out:

Round Brilliant
Medium girdle
.55 CT
SI (1)
G
Ex/Ex (polish/Sym)
Ideal cut grade

5.26 - 5.29 X 3.28

Based on what I have now read today, I wish I could write this in a 1 font size, but it''s an IGI Grading.

Price worked out to about $2,000 for the stone.

I felt good about things when I left the shop. But to be sure I went online to look around again and compare. Thus, I found this Forum and learned a bit more than I did this afternoon. Assuming (or hoping) IGI is correct, what do you think of my choice?

Any feedback good or bad is appreciated.

Thanks.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
To be really accurate in assessing your purchase, I think we would all need a little more info ... i.e., Total depth, Table%, crown & pavillion angles etc.

To start ... The color and clarity (providing that there are no inclusions to the visible eye) sound great as do the excellent polish and symmetry.

Are you able to provide any more info on this diamond to help us provide you with more thoughts?
33.gif

ladds1

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 11:44:37 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
To be really accurate in assessing your purchase, I think we would all need a little more info ... i.e., Total depth, Table%, crown & pavillion angles etc.

To start ... The color and clarity (providing that there are no inclusions to the visible eye) sound great as do the excellent polish and symmetry.

Are you able to provide any more info on this diamond to help us provide you with more thoughts?
33.gif
Thanks,
The Table is 54%. The crown angle is 35 and the pavillion is 41. Total depth is 62.1

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Ladds,

I tried it on the Cut Advisor tool they have here on PS under the tool option on the toolbar Click Here and it came back with a Very Good rating on the following factors:

Light Return -- Very Good
Fire -- Very Good
Scintillation -- Very Good
Spread or diameter for weight -- Very Good

Not the Excellent rating that you might expect with a superbly cut or "ideal" diamond, however, it''s not half bad.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
IGI is known to be a less than strict grading lab... So the stone could be off on color and clarity... Just an FYI. Would you consider taking it to an independent appraiser? That''s what I would do. Looks like it''s a nice stone, but best to get an independent opinion..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results