shape
carat
color
clarity

Boston/NYC Trip-Jewelry (And a Show) Involved, Of Course!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got back from my trip and I''m bored and not tired at all, so I figured I''d post about it! I went to Boston for my cousin''s wedding this weekend and then my sister and boyfriend and I went to NYC for a few days.

In Boston, I made sure we went straight to Newbury St. for some shopping! I didn''t go into any of the jewelry stores on Newbury St. because we were on kind of a tight schedule because we had to get back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding. I did manage to ogle a huge yellow cushion cut diamond with half moon sides in the Cartier window, though! It was unbelieveable...the center stone was at least 4 or 5 carats, if not larger. Wow. I stared so long that when I finally looked up I didn''t realize that I got left by my sister and boyf because they didn''t hear me say to stop!

Then we went to NYC and I had plenty of time to shop until I dropped! (Really, until my sister and boyfriend dropped-I''m truly unstoppable when it comes to shopping.) I went to the diamond district and was bedazzled by all the crazy bright lights and sparkly diamonds! I loved the crazy wheeling and dealing vibe there. I definitely eavesdropped as much as possible! I tried on a bunch of eternity bands in the hopes that one would look good with my e-ring, but no such luck. I was going to go to Signed Pieces but you have to make an appointment and I didn''t have time to wait until the next available appointment. Oh well...I haven''t picked a date yet, so I guess there''s no rush on the wedding band!

That night I saw Spring Awakening and I liked it a lot! The songs were very rock and roll and the cast seriously rocked out while they sang them, so that was fun. I wasn''t blown away, but it was definitely solid. And I don''t mean to sound like a total Debbie Downer, but I kind of hate how every show gets a standing ovation these days...it''s a little ridiculous! I mean, the show was good, but still...

After the show we went to the Apple store on 5th Ave. that''s open 24 hours a day. It''s all glass above the ground level and then the store is in the basement. It''s really well designed but I can''t imagine having to sell computers at 3 a.m.! Yikes!

Then today we went to 5th avenue for more shopping and we stopped in the big Tiffany store. Like many people have said on here before, it was very busy and touristy, but most of the employees were pleasant and helpful. My sister asked me if I thought it would be fun to work there and I was like "NO! You''d spend all day dealing with dumb tourists like us who won''t buy anything!"

Hahaha-actually, I probably would buy something if I wasn''t so edu-ma-cated about diamonds! My sister loves the Frank Gehry ring with the box around the outside of the diamond. (I''ll attach a picture if I can). She tried it on and it looked great on her. It''s a cool design, but guess how big the diamond is and guess how much it costs?!! For a .18 diamond in a white gold setting, it''s $1600! In my head I was like "I could get a .50+ carat ACA for that! Yikes!" The price was definitely a bit outrageous, but the ring was definitely a great looking ring.

I spent a while drooling over all the Diamonds by the Yard jewelry. I absolutely love that stuff! If someone forced me to pay too much for something from Tiffany, it would be from that collection!
9.gif
It''s all just gorgeous...I think I''ll be dreaming of it tonight. I especially loved the HUGE bezel set diamond earrings from the Diamonds by the Yard group. That and the long chain with the small bezel set diamonds set really closely together. AHHHHH...to DIE for!

Alright, enough rambling! I''m off to force myself to bed so I can wake up and go back to the monotony of my regular life. Always the saddest part of vacations...remembering that you can''t eat at fabulous restaurants 3 times a day in between shopping, shows, and diamond gazing!
39.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad that you had a FUN trip. I too like the DBTY necklaces.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where in Boston were you staying? I was at the Park Plaza all weekend for a batchelorette party...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I wrote an essay! Hahaha...I stayed in Charlestown in a weird little hotel that was very close to where the wedding was. My mother''s from Charlestown so her and her sister wanted to stay there. Plus it was super convenient to walk 2 blocks to the wedding! They got married at the Commandant''s house in Charlestown overlooking the harbor-it was gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results