shape
carat
color
clarity

Bose noise-cancellers... which pair?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Any of you ladies have the Bose noise cancelling headphones? If so, which version do you have and do you like them? I''ve been covetting a pair for ages, and now Dad is buying them for me in the spirit of the season (thank you daddy!) I''m trying to decide between the QC2 (around the ear) and the QC3 (on the ear).

Any views? experiences? preferences?

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
What a great gift- lucky gal!

I''ve been a Bose quietcomfort user for years, and LUV my headphones!!! My first pair, the original model konked out on me after about 4 years of heavy use. I was a major road warrior back then.

I currently have the Q2''s. The Q3''s weren''t out yet, but I don''t know if I would''ve gone for them ''cause of the price difference. Yeah, the Q3''s are smaller, but not that smaller. Everything else is the same (i think). You honestly can''t go wrong with either model.

You''re gonna love them, they''re travel lifesavers!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have them! I can''t live without them!
30.gif
I have the over the ear type. When I have a headache, or am feeling stressed, I just turn them on to cancel household noise, without even plugging them into anything. An added perk. The batteries seem to last forever too (AAA''s). They are definitely worth the money.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I have the aviation version of the Bose noise-cancelling headset for flying. Expensive, but worth every penny. Lots of pilots like them because they are light in weight and the sound quality is superb. Hubby now uses my very nice David Clarks (another popular headset company).

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I have the Q3 and I LOVE it! Amazing how quiet it is. I like the smaller size of the Q3s because when I fly , it''s usually for a 1-3 month trip and I have enough crap to lug around so I wanted the smaller size. You will love them!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Well, after listening to you ladies and checking out some of the reviews on line, it seems that the deal comes down to this:

QC2 - pros: you can bring extra batteries and they last longer, a better ''seal'' around the ear so that you feel more insulated from, uh, fellow passengers, cheaper, some people say the sound is better

QC3 - pros: the battery is rechargeable, which is more environmentally friendly, case is a titch smaller and a titch lighter, some people say the noise cancelling is stronger (because there''s no seal around the ear it has to be) but I also read some people saying that it hurt their eardrum after a while. (Surf, did you ever have that?)

I think for me, part of it is the psychological effect of insulation, and so I think, for me, the QC2 is the way to go despite the extra weight. Plus dad said I can spend the extra $50 on something else!

The review on iLounge emphasized the extra insulation on the QC2''s and said of the 3''s: "... if the guy next to you on the plane wants you to tell him all about your new headphones, you’re much more likely to hear him ask..."
3.gif

I will be getting them tomorrow. Hurray! Can''t wait to try them out on my flight to Quebec Wednesday morning.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Any head sets bug my ears after a while...But I like the smaller size.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Great thread! I am have been dying to get a pair and just put it off forever...

Do they make wireless versions of this, does anyone know? I was debating on getting noise cancelling for everyday use (something small), or getting some sort of bluetooth version that can be plugged into a laptop or iPod equally. Ideally something like a headset with noise cancelling, built in mircrophone AND bluetooth.... Am I nuts? Does this exist?

Independant Gal, which version are you getting then? The QC2 or QC3? Do tell how they work for you! I want noise cancelling, but i don''t want too much bulk or size...

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I got my Bosers. At the store I found that Surfgirl is right that the QC3's are noticeably smaller and lighter. But after trying them both on and reading the various reviews, I'm happy with the QC2's for my purposes.

One interesting feature is that the accessory pockets are velcroed on, so you can reduce the weight a little further by removing the whole pocket if you know you won't need certain attachments.

I'm pretty excited about my new toy! I'll be trying them out on the plane tomorrow morning.

Nicrez my understanding is that the Bose are still the industry standard, although they are so much pricier than the next model down that you have to weigh the pro's and cons. Or, do like I did, and just happen to mention your lust for a pair to someone who just happens to be trying to figure out what you want for the holidays. Santa? Are you listening? Nicrez wants Bosers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results