shape
carat
color
clarity

BoredStiff got his RING!!!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect ring! You can see how white it is on that white glove. A well cut diamond does pick up all the colors around it so I know what you mean about the beige couch. It''s a beauty!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

classc1

Rough_Rock
Modest? I think not...it''s a great size and a BEAUTY!!! Nice job...just gorgeous!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Not modest at all. Nice diamond and the setting is classic and beautiful.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neat setting and a substantial stone! Hope she loves it!

boredstiff

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys! By the way, I went to a mall today to look at diamonds to see how they compared to mine (I didn't bring mine to avoid any awkwardness). The mall I went to had a Cartier and Tiffany (although I stayed away from those places). I played the part of the ignorant guy, mostly because I had no intention of buying from any jewelers there.

The first place I went to was a middle of the road jeweler. The lady who helped me was willing to say anything to make a sale. I asked what vtn meant and she said oh that's a very thin girdle -- it's really good! Can the diamond chip? Oh don't worry, it's actually medium -- see the medium next to it? That was a 1.04 ct ex-ex-ex G VS2 that was going for $11K. She kept dissing Tiffany and the other competition, but it's not like she was able to distinguish her diamonds by price or quality.

Then I went to a jeweler who carried Hearts on Fire. I had seen HoF before, but the lighting in this place was better. Of course, the price was ridiculous ($15.5K for a 1.12 H-VS2), but man that thing sparkled. I don't have very good lighting in my place (not even direct sunlight unless I go on the balcony) so I haven't seen mine perform at its maximum potential.

At the end of the day, I still felt really good about my purchase. I hope to see my diamond in better lighting. After the engagement, then it'll be easy to see it under jewelry store lighting -- we just have to go in and pretend to browse!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s so beautiful!!
30.gif

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
How long do you plan on holding the ring till you propose? Good luck bud, nice pick on the ring.. gotta love the solitaire settings!

-ted

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Brian and Lesley do such lovely work! Congratulations!!!

ACN

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 12:35:13 AM
Author: boredstiff
At the end of the day, I still felt really good about my purchase. I hope to see my diamond in better lighting. After the engagement, then it''ll be easy to see it under jewelry store lighting -- we just have to go in and pretend to browse!

Congrats! Probably should bring your camera and record another video for us in those lighting conditions. hahaha
31.gif

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
Hey! Congrats on the spectacular ring!

I owe you a BIG thanks for posting all these photos and especially the video... When I was trying to show some diamonds to my hubby online - he got a little frustrated with the whole ''virtual'' process and just wanted to see a similar stone ''in action'' rather than looking a super magnified photos. Your video really helped out!

Thanks and congrats once again. The stone and setting are beautiful! How can you wait with a ring like that?!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!! The video was great!
36.gif

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 1:22:21 PM
Somehow the pictures make the stone look huge, but in reality it''s a modest 1.21 ct I-SI1. Will post some actual pictures tonight.

Funny story -- I had a mini panic attack when I opened the box. The diamond looked really, really yellow -- almost fancy color. Then I realized I was sitting back in my beige couch and it was reflecting that color. Phew.
I love the 6 prong look and would never have guessed that it was an I-SI1. Just goes to show that you can''t judge a book by it''s cover.

Congrats
36.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEAUTIFUL ring! So how soon is the proposal?? I can''t wait to see hand shots. I am sure she will be blown away!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring turned out beautifully, and please, that''s not modest!
2.gif

And trust me, your diamond will look just as sparkly, if not moreso, in the jewelers lighting. No worries.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! She will love it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 1:22:21 PM
Somehow the pictures make the stone look huge, but in reality it''s a modest 1.21 ct I-SI1. Will post some actual pictures tonight.

Funny story -- I had a mini panic attack when I opened the box. The diamond looked really, really yellow -- almost fancy color. Then I realized I was sitting back in my beige couch and it was reflecting that color. Phew.
I had the same thing happen to me!''

Love the ring, it is awesome.

phantasyman

Rough_Rock
Hi Boredstiff,

I love the diamond and the setting. Is that 18K white gold?

Thanks,
Abner

SB621

Ideal_Rock
very nice!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 11:40:34 PM
Author: CaliSun
Hey! Congrats on the spectacular ring!

I owe you a BIG thanks for posting all these photos and especially the video... When I was trying to show some diamonds to my hubby online - he got a little frustrated with the whole ''virtual'' process and just wanted to see a similar stone ''in action'' rather than looking a super magnified photos. Your video really helped out!

Thanks and congrats once again. The stone and setting are beautiful! How can you wait with a ring like that?!
If the video helps, check out Good Old Gold. Jon does videos on many diamonds in different lighting conditions and even does videos with the diamonds your considering so you can compare them.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
are there hand shots yet?

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
That is sooo pretty! Good job :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results