shape
carat
color
clarity

Bookcases?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Do you typically go to a furniture store or a chain like Target? I don''t have a huge budget..like under $200..so I wanted something as substantial as possible for that. I really need a 5 shelf one. I found one I wanted at Target and saved for two months..aaaand of course they''re sold out right now. Maybe more will come in, who knows. In the meantime..where do you shop for a bookcase typically?
4.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Find someone to make you one. Better quality and MUCH cheaper.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have bought two things from here and am really impressed with the quality. It might be slightly more than the Target one but I am sure the quality is *much* better.

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Do you have an IKEA nearby? We bought a lot of bookshelves from them -- not the best quality, but they have different styles at decent prices.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I actually just bought bookcases...I couldn''t find any I really loved at first which was frusterating since price wasnt so much an issue--but I was stuck when it came to finding something that offered an interesting twist to the old concept, I wanted something cool and it needed to fill up a wall in my open-concept sitting room. I ended up falling in love with a trio from Target in Espresso as well.

One is 5 shelves, the other is 3, and the last one is 2. Once they are together, the three create a step effect...which allows the tops to be functional too. I use my cases for display...be it decor, books, or pictures. And in the end, the three are divine together.

The price is extremely reasonable, in my opinion. The quality is good...they aren''t 2k bookshelves, but dressed up proper, they look really nice.

Here is the link to the set I bought...

http://www.target.com/Espresso-Bookcase-Collection/dp/B000JG3U8Y/qid=1221348173/ref=br_1_12/602-2421448-6917411?ie=UTF8&node=3527991&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I''d go with Target, Pottery Barn Outlet, Ikea, or an unfinished furniture store and paint/stain them yourself.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm really picky about furniture and *now* only buy solid wood and found my most recent bookcase at a furniture outlet store that sells bookcases made by local venders. Years back in my 20s, I found a veneer bookcase at Bombay Company and it's held up very nicely even after numerous moves, so that may be another place to go for a bookcase under $200.

Or another place you can check is costco. My DH found an amazing solid wood king size bed frame with head and foot board for under $1,000.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 8:23:38 PM
Author: MC
I''m really picky about furniture and *now* only buy solid wood and found my most recent bookcase at a furniture outlet store that sells bookcases made by local venders. Years back in my 20s, I found a veneer bookcase at Bombay Company and it''s held up very nicely even after numerous moves, so that may be another place to go for a bookcase under $200.

Or another place you can check is costco. My DH found an amazing solid wood king size bed frame with head and foot board for under $1,000.
Bombay Company is out of business

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 9:35:55 PM
Author: MC

Date: 9/13/2008 8:39:49 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor

Bombay Company is out of business
oh, what a bummer.

They still have a website. . .(sort of. . .it just shows photos)

http://www.bombaycompany.com/
Yeah, I know...it really sucks. They began phasing out their stores after the holidays last year...so the faux website might just be to fill the remaining months they own the domain name for.

Last Christmas I know when I asked if they would continue to have stores, just not in the mall near me, they said no...and they said the same thing when I inquired about ordering off their website.

They had some interesting things too...what a shame. But, come to think of it...it was more of a hit or miss kinda place.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the delay, but I have good news everyone!! We found the bookcase nearby (20 miles) and got it since it was cheaper than the shipping! Yay target!!
36.gif
36.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:18:38 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Sorry for the delay, but I have good news everyone!! We found the bookcase nearby (20 miles) and got it since it was cheaper than the shipping! Yay target!!
36.gif
36.gif
Congrats! Enjoy playing with and organizing your books. That''s the fun part
1.gif

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
for wood furniture, thrift stores or estate sales can be a good source (if you have the time to treasure hunt and then clean or even refinish the furniture once you find it).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results