shape
carat
color
clarity

Bonnie doggy hospitalized

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are so sweet - if Bonnie only knew that he had a supoort group online...imagine that! Thank you also for all the suggestions and good wishes. GROUP HUG!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2006 2:59:05 AM
Author: Ries
Hi Mara,

Funny you should say that - so many people told me...''I would never pay that for a dog'' Then I just roll my eyes and say whatever...can you imagine killing a dog if he has a chance...grrrrr...it makes me mad.
It took us a year to pay off the $2400 back surgery for my baby Sam. It was a sacrifice, but it was worth every penny. He was only 5 when an injury caused a slipped disk. He is now 14, and he is just fine.

I am so sorry that your baby is going through this. I will be praying that his recovery is swift.

shay

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Caribou - l love your cats name...Bartholomew!!!! How clever!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Guys - I just had a chance to read everyone''s messages and you guys are so sweet. Thank you so much for the support and for the great advice. Poor kitty cats - our poor babies! THANK YOU I''m so amazed how happy he is to see me after he''s been stabbed by needles and caged - he really does not understand what''s going on. What would the world be without our little creatures! I''ll let you guys know how he recovers. He''s much better already!

I''ll end the posting for a while with a few pictures of Bonnie to say thank you - taken before the surgery.

Mara, I''ll also let you know how saving for the new diamond turns out. It''s difficult to walk away from it and I feel embarrassed to have sent WF on a wild goose chase but life is not always unfair and BONNIE definitely comes first! Hopefully it will still be around when we recover from the financial lost....

BONnanno7.jpg

ello

Brilliant_Rock
woof!

BONToy1.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ries, is that a little matching shearling jacket over those sweet little jammies?????
30.gif
30.gif
That is just the cutest! I hope the little guy is recovering nicely! When can he come home, any idea yet?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH. MY. GOD! That picture with the blue coat and jammies is...so...hysterically....cute!!!!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry to hear about your little man... I hope that he gets better real soon!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ries, I would love to see some more of Bonnie''s little outfits, they are just so cute! Where do you find them?

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All!!!

Bonnie is home and full of bounce! He''s so cute!!!! For now he''s trouble free but we''ll check on his progress in about 4 weeks. Thank you for all your e-mails and for caring about our doggy. I''m so in love with him. He''s been my adopted baby since Sept/October - my mom left for England a few months ago to help my dad - who was diagnosed with cancer last year. She will be staying in England for 2 years...so I''ve adopted Bonnie and he''s staying with us in Canada indefinitely...I could never be apart from him again - we love him so much. My mom was in tears over the phone...he''s been her baby for 8 years since my sister and I moved from South Africa to Canada to study and work. My dad actually lives in England but was planning on returning to South Africa last year but his illness prevented him from flying home.... long story...let''s just say it''s been a touch 6 months so far...so Bonnie''s surgery really made me sad and the last thing I wanted to hear after my dad got sick. I''m so happy that my mom decided to leave him with me in Canada and that I was able to get him the help he needed… Bonnie is truly a world traveler – he’s came all the way from South Africa to Canada! My mom actually asked me to keep Bonnie in Canada because she knows that he will be in good hands and he totally adores my boyfriend, his brother and all his new toys (about 50 for them!) Lastly you might wonder why he has a girly name…. well our first dog’s name was Bonnie #1 and we never got over Bonnie the first so when my mom got this guy she called him Bonnie-lad! That’s just a little blurb about Bonnie…

Hi Lorelei - I''ve posted a few pictures of Bonnie before - check out: Santa Bonnie. The outfits are from local pet stores and mall cart vendors...nothing to fancy but still cute!!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/santa-bonnie.35808/

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to let everyone know that Bonnie is extra cute and well today. I’m a little concerned about his food intake…he’s not eating very much but overall he’s a doll! I want to spoil him with “people” food so that he will eat but I’m afraid that it might upset his stomach…what to do…

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ries don''t give him anything off his new diet....dogs will eat when they are hungry, and can go for a few days without food. It seems odd to us but he will eat when he''s ready....I''d stick with whatever the vet told you it was okay to give him, he just got home from a major surgery from a bad diet before, don''t make the same mistake!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
You are right Mara...thank you for the wake up slap - sometimes it''s hard to remember that kindness can kill when you love your doggy.
You are so right girlfriend!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Ries,

I''m glad Bonnie''s doing well. I passed a kidney stone once. It was THE most physically painful experience I have ever gone through--and I had one of my kids without drugs.

I hope she stays well for a VERY long time.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the santa pics Ries! He looks adorable in his little outfits
1.gif
Mara is right with the eating, it might take him a day or two to start eating again and keep the diet very plain and feed only what the vet recommends. This is to be expected, usually if they are not eating much after 48 hours then contact your vet for advice but do so before if you are worried. Also little and often is the best way.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sure the vet food isn''t the most appetizing thing in the world for him but he needs to eat it and giving him something that probably tastes WAY better won''t solve the problem, as much as you want it to!! He''ll get hungry and start eating it, if he hasn''t already! On occasion I give Chloe a special treat (a little tuna or something) but only very rarely. She''s gotten used to the food and loves it now, especially the moist kind!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes stick with the vet''s diet. I know my dogs weren''t thrilled with it either. Took a while for them to get used to it. But better that than having to go through another surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results