shape
carat
color
clarity

Body Shapers

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
I need to find a body shaper that will accentuate my hourglass (i.e. bring in the waist a tad). I want something that is under-bust, and also strapless because I don't want to minimize my bust, and I will have a strapless gown.

I've never worn a body shaper and have no idea how to buy one/where to find a good one. I'm also worried that it may not do much for me because I can't seem to find an extra-small anywhere... (My measurements: 33,26,34)

The closest I've found is this:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3111589?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_pla=underwear%2Flingerie:women:shaper%2Fcontrol&cm_ite=spanx%28r%29_%27slim-plicity%27_under_bust_shaper:311351&cm_ven=Froogle&mr:trackingCode=BBEF5AF9-5B81-DF11-9DA0-002219319097&mr:referralID=NA

... but it has straps.

Any tips, advice, suggestions?

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the tip! Spanx was the first place I looked. Sent them an e-mail yesterday and they said the small is probably too big for my waist and too small for my hips :(

I'll keep looking, and definitely try them on in store just to be sure.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
If there is a lingerie shop in your town, go there. They will measure you properly, carry tons of sizes, and will make sure you end up with EXACTLY what you want.

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
VS has some new body shapers, check it out!

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
I'll definitely check out VS. Didn't know they did body shapers... I got the Miraculous Push Up strapless for the dress though ;-)

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I own spanx and wear them ofetn. I wear size A and I have a 24 inch waist. I'm sure you'll be fine in their smallest size!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
You could go with something waist-only, like this:
http://www.balicompany.com/detail.asp?col=31&cat=3&styleno=8305&color=KA

I wore a Bali body shaper, but it doesn't seem to be on their site anymore. It was lace and convertible strapless, with a relatively low back and built-in underwire. It served its purpose but didn't really cinch my waist much - was more of a tummy flattener and butt lifter.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results