shape
carat
color
clarity

Bluenile 4-prong setting pic

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

major_newbie

Rough_Rock
FYI - Just got the e-ring from Bluenile today. Not sure if we''ll be keeping the setting - the stone sits up a little too high for my taste (we''ll see what my gf thinks). But the diamond is very nice. This is a 1.17C ideal-cut diamond in a size 5 ring.

bluenile_4p_117.jpg

frankling

Rough_Rock
It''s a beautiful stone in a classic setting. It lets the stone shine & sparkle.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I personally like the high setting but it''s all personal preference. So, I guess you''ll just have to wait for input from your gal.
emotion-5.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
The first picture does not do the ring just, great 2nd picture. Enjoy the ring and many happy days to follow.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I love it!
It looks very pretty to me.
Let us know how your fiance likes it.
2.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I would get the diamond out of the 4 prong setting and into a 6 prong head.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice looking diamond and for me, it would be too high as well. It''s a personal preference and I guess we''ll all just have to sit tight and wait for your gf''s opinion.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, needs to be lower. Not to beat up your ring just our 2 cents.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
A co-worker of mines has the exact same ring from Blue Nile and it looks greats. Have you seen a 4 prong diamond solitaire from Blue Nile in person? I think it is up to his fiance to determine.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice. The stone looks great. Some people like their diamonds to set up high, but IMO you should put in a lower setting. See what your fiance says.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I love how it is set high and I love the 4 prongs...which means that I love the whole thing. Of course my ring is 4 prongs and set high as well
21.gif
It is always a matter of personal preference. Good luck and let us know what happens!!

major_newbie

Rough_Rock
I lobbied for the 6-prong setting long and hard (for safety reasons), but she was pretty specific about wanting the 4-prong. Assuming we stay with a 4-prong, I''m going to make sure we get it checked once a year or so. If she doesn''t like the height we''ll find a local B&M jeweler to get it re-set and then I''ll figure out what to do with the old setting (maybe try to sell it on E-Bay... I wonder if Bluenile would take it back).

- Jay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results