shape
carat
color
clarity

Bluefox Creations Settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know a few PSers (who may or may not be posting anymore) have bought mountings from them, because that''s how I found out about them. But I haven''t owned anything that would work with their settings till (possibly) now. I just bought a small sapphire this week that, if I like when it comes in the mail, I think I would like to have in a non-diamond antique filigree white gold setting. Something very feminine.

There are several that will fit my stone at Blue fox so the selection I have to chose from is nice (stone is 5.5 mm). And of course the price if good.

But I wanted to see if anyone (currently posting) has any of their settings and what they think of them?

I know they are castings and in some pics I can see where the castings have left some lines that haven''t been completely polished out (or the casting mold needs to be updated) and I''m not sure to what exent that would bother me.

I don''t know of any other vendors recommended by PSers that sell these types of settings, and I would be open to other vendor suggestions, if you have had personal experience with them.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/BlufoxxCreations__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Alternately I am considering saving my pennies up for a Caleb Meyer setting (if I REALLY REALLY like the stone), or looking at something different entirely. But for the price, if I like the stone I would be fine buying one of these as a temp, until I can get it to it''s ''final'' home, then setting something fun into the blue fox.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/4/2009 5:19:08 AM
Author:Gypsy
I know a few PSers (who may or may not be posting anymore) have bought mountings from them, because that''s how I found out about them. But I haven''t owned anything that would work with their settings till (possibly) now. I just bought a small sapphire this week that, if I like when it comes in the mail, I think I would like to have in a non-diamond antique filigree white gold setting. Something very feminine.

There are several that will fit my stone at Blue fox so the selection I have to chose from is nice (stone is 5.5 mm). And of course the price if good.

But I wanted to see if anyone (currently posting) has any of their settings and what they think of them?

I know they are castings and in some pics I can see where the castings have left some lines that haven''t been completely polished out (or the casting mold needs to be updated) and I''m not sure to what exent that would bother me.

I don''t know of any other vendors recommended by PSers that sell these types of settings, and I would be open to other vendor suggestions, if you have had personal experience with them.

Alternately I am considering saving my pennies up for a Caleb Meyer setting (if I REALLY REALLY like the stone), or looking at something different entirely. But for the price, if I like the stone I would be fine buying one of these as a temp, until I can get it to it''s ''final'' home, then setting something fun into the blue fox.
I have not purchased from them, but I find their prices to be kind of high for just plain gold settings. I guess I stick with LOGR because I can get settings with diamonds for the same pricing just about. I think there''s someone else online, I forget who, that sells reproduction antique settings, but better quality and similar prices. If someone can chime in about that, it would be helpful. Maybe someone can post a link to this question in the jewelry or SMTR forum.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2009 10:37:17 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

I have not purchased from them, but I find their prices to be kind of high for just plain gold settings. I guess I stick with LOGR because I can get settings with diamonds for the same pricing just about. I think there''s someone else online, I forget who, that sells reproduction antique settings, but better quality and similar prices. If someone can chime in about that, it would be helpful. Maybe someone can post a link to this question in the jewelry or SMTR forum.
Dittto about the high prices. I also remember thinking that some of the moderately priced settings were very lightweight and thin - just be careful. Some of the designs were very pretty, though.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will check on RT, but Antiques Jewelry Mall is usually one that's recommended as well as (with reservations) Faye Culen. And both of them start about around 400 for similar settings.

This is the setting I like:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Round-5-5mm-Antique-Filigree-Ring-Mounting-R55_W0QQitemZ4996037196QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item129c97a4c&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C293%3A3%7C294%3A30

And here it is (exactly) at another dealer for more.

http://www.marleneharriscol.com/categories/FiligreeMountings/M220-R055.html

I agree that you can get a Lan.bo or LOGR setting for about the same price, but... I don't really want diamonds. I may have to check with Sally and Julia to see what they can come up with for it. There is a Caleb Meyer I really like. And I'll send him a note for a quote too. Problem is, I'm afaid the stone might be a little too dark to bezel. (so even the above settings wouldn't work) and I'm going to have to go with prong set. We'll see, it gets here next week.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do it up Gypsy! Love that setting, and I hear you on the diamonds. Plus, many of the LOGR settings aren''t very detailed or imaginative, if that makes sense. I''ve been thinking about getting a Bluefoxx too, but I''ve also had my eye on this place.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/4/2009 2:15:33 PM
Author: Gypsy
I will check on RT, but Antiques Jewelry Mall is usually one that''s recommended as well as (with reservations) Faye Culen. And both of them start about around 400 for similar settings.

This is the setting I like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Round-5-5mm-Antique-Filigree-Ring-Mounting-R55_W0QQitemZ4996037196QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item129c97a4c&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C293%3A3%7C294%3A30

And here it is (exactly) at another dealer for more.

http://www.marleneharriscol.com/categories/FiligreeMountings/M220-R055.html

I agree that you can get a Lan.bo or LOGR setting for about the same price, but... I don''t really want diamonds. I may have to check with Sally and Julia to see what they can come up with for it. There is a Caleb Meyer I really like. And I''ll send him a note for a quote too. Problem is, I''m afaid the stone might be a little too dark to bezel. (so even the above settings wouldn''t work) and I''m going to have to go with prong set. We''ll see, it gets here next week.

I am very interested in this topic.. what is Lan.bo?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2009 2:25:22 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Do it up Gypsy! Love that setting, and I hear you on the diamonds. Plus, many of the LOGR settings aren''t very detailed or imaginative, if that makes sense. I''ve been thinking about getting a Bluefoxx too, but I''ve also had my eye on this place.
http://www.jansjewells.com/item.php?item_id=1085&category_id=127 Same setting (exactly even the mold lines are the same) but for 300.

I''m thinking Blue Fox might be a good deal. It really depends on the color of the sapphire though. In some pics its a lovely medium blue, in others it''s a darker blue. And it might have some gray in it. So I really have to see the stone. If I like it, but think it''s too dark. I''m thinking of one of Sally''s prong settings. Or something else, don''t know what yet. It''s a small stone.

Lamborgini Lan.bo4 is an ebay sellers name. He''s in China and he sells gold and diamond settings. I have one and for the price it''s nice. It''s not a setting for every day wear though as the pave just won''t stand up to it. But my ring is a cocktail ring that will be worn only occassionally so I was happy with it. LOGR is anothe seller, same quality, similar prices, little more selection on the designs.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lanborgini Girl, I did ask Lan.bo4 if he could customize this setting for my 11 x 11 cushion and he said yes, and his price was VERY reasonable. And he can do it in rose gold or white gold.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Round-9-10mm-Solid-14Kt-W-Gold-Diamond-Semi-Mount-Ring_W0QQitemZ350221211361QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDiamond_Solitaire_with_Accents?hash=item518acf96e1&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A30

Just as an FYI since I know you are looking for a setting for your lovely pink cushion.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Some of these settings are castings and some are two piece stamped pieces which are joined at the ends. These are all available from any vendor that you''d prefer as they are manufactured and sold wholesale only by this firm:
Filigree Rings.com

I''ve used a number of these settings and they do vary widely in their quality, generally the heavier ones being better and the lighter ones being on the thin side with marginal details. The better ones have really remarkably fine details. If you have a preferred vendor, online or local, they can get any of these with a phone call and might even be able to make you a better deal than those posted on E-bay.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
See Michael, that's why we love you. That and the fact that you have some beautiful gems.
30.gif

Anyone know Michael's website? I don't have it book marked on this computer. LOL.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/4/2009 3:38:26 PM
Author: Gypsy
See Michael, that''s why we love you. That and the fact that you have some beautiful gems.
30.gif

Anyone know Michael''s website? I don''t have it book marked on this computer. LOL.
http://www.gemshoppe.com/
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you D&T.
21.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
welcome Gypsy- can''t wait to see what you come up with
36.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, you probably want a nicer metal for your sapphire, but Bluefox can do any of his settings in silver - it''s much cheaper too. I was thinking about taking that route for one of my stones, just to try it out. Just throwing that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results