color
clarity

Blue Ribbon Ring 6.10ct Untreated Sapphire Three Stone

CalicoKitteh

Rough_Rock
your ring is stunning!!! :love:

Beth

Shiny_Rock
It is a true beauty just like you ! I think you have the final version. Perfect proportion on your hand, best blue, collector weight, not heated, and the setting design you gravitate to - classic and timeless.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beth|1429870995|3867021 said:
It is a true beauty just like you ! I think you have the final version. Perfect proportion on your hand, best blue, collector weight, not heated, and the setting design you gravitate to - classic and timeless.
Why thank you Miss Beth! I am so very pleased with her. I have not taken her off since I got her and I cannot imagine wanting to. :angel:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Juicy!!!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Driving In the Fog

img_10324.jpg

img_10325.jpg

img_10326.jpg

img_10327.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Worn with an 2.5tcw plateternity band when I need to avoid the male folks acting silly.

img_10328.jpg

img_10329.jpg

img_10330.jpg

img_10331.jpg

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow!
Cokitty you have a stunning ring, it's beautiful, what a great find. I've always dreamed of having one very similar to yours.
Enjoy it, it's great. :love:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
stunning!!!

NashvilleNights

Rough_Rock
gorgeous! your collection is truly amazing :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOT DAMN!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A few weeks ago my hand was crushed ;( and the sapphire in this ring took the brunt of the impact. I know these things happen but I was truly sad. Since I do not think sapphires can be repaired or healed I am trying to decide what to do. I know it is hard to see here but it is making me mental when I am driving or working in certain lighting. :errrr:

Suggestions? I am thinking of hunting up a sapphire of a similar size and having a new ring made. I am trying to decide if I want to recycle the stones for this one or go for a new style. Any thoughts or suggestions?

img_12854.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! Cokitty, I am so sorry! I was enjoying looking at your beauty again. I, personally, would go with something just a tad different. The style is so beautiful but, I would always feel I could not come close to replicating it. It would always feel just a little 'off' to me, if that makes sense. Unless of course, you could find the perfect sapphire that fit just right.

I can't really see a problem with he stone in the photos. Is it scratched or chipped? I hope you weren't hurt.

Again, I am so sad for you. Hoping you can find and even more spectacular stone that will make your heart sing!!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! I hope you're doing ok. I remember that stone very well, but I also know prices have went up quite a lot and inventories are not what they used to be so finding another might be pretty challenging. I'd start with some of the usual suspects an see what they have. (some don't have everything on their sites as we well know) are the diamonds ok? if so maybe they can be reused.

Please also post in Colored Stones. You know how much we loved that ring and will be more than happy to help you scour the web for something!

Hopefully the stone is ok, I don't see any damage but that doesn't mean anything. If you wanted to see if it could be recut into something to at least try to save it, Jerry Newman would be the first person to contact. http://gemartservices.com/

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope your hand is O.K first and foremost. If the stone is not in a zillion pieces you might be able to get it recut but it will end up smaller, hopefully if you had insurance you can purchase another one. What type of damage was done to the stone?

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Oh no, hope you're ok! Are you able to take some more photos of the damage so the experts here can give you their best advice?

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry this happened! How are you doing? I hope your hand is ok. Hopefully, if the sapphire is not suitable for a ring anymore, it might be able to be set in a bezeled necklace. That way you could keep it and savor it's beauty. Please start a new thread about this. You have so many folks that are dying to help you out.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1475498891|4083146 said:
Oh no! Cokitty, I am so sorry! I was enjoying looking at your beauty again. I, personally, would go with something just a tad different. The style is so beautiful but, I would always feel I could not come close to replicating it. It would always feel just a little 'off' to me, if that makes sense. Unless of course, you could find the perfect sapphire that fit just right.

I can't really see a problem with he stone in the photos. Is it scratched or chipped? I hope you weren't hurt.

Again, I am so sad for you. Hoping you can find and even more spectacular stone that will make your heart sing!!!
Luv2sparkle. I do not think it is chipped or scratched, but there is this weird thing in the corner now, it almost looks like silk or an inclusion in the stone. My finger is okay and I was able to get back to micro work in a few days if a little uncomfortable. Honestly I am more upset about the ring.

And yes I do 100% hear what you are saying about the ring. I am searching for sapphire that would go into that setting, but I think the odds are pretty long that I would just happen upon another sapphire with those requirements.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1475502822|4083157 said:
Oh my goodness! I hope you're doing ok. I remember that stone very well, but I also know prices have went up quite a lot and inventories are not what they used to be so finding another might be pretty challenging. I'd start with some of the usual suspects an see what they have. (some don't have everything on their sites as we well know) are the diamonds ok? if so maybe they can be reused.

Please also post in Colored Stones. You know how much we loved that ring and will be more than happy to help you scour the web for something!

Hopefully the stone is ok, I don't see any damage but that doesn't mean anything. If you wanted to see if it could be recut into something to at least try to save it, Jerry Newman would be the first person to contact. http://gemartservices.com/

Arcadian, thank you for that suggestion, I will defiantly reach out to Jerry and see if there is anything to be done. I have really loved this ring and wore nearly every day. Not having it on the last few weeks has made me feel like something was missing. I know how that sounds, I am lucky I didn't loose mobility in my hand which is how I make my living but that ring was precious to me and I felt it was very soothing to look at.

Yes the diamonds are okay. My hand got caught while I was moving a -80*C freezer, the darn things weigh quite a bit and when my hand got jammed the sapphire took the brunt of the weight.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1475506954|4083169 said:
I hope your hand is O.K first and foremost. If the stone is not in a zillion pieces you might be able to get it recut but it will end up smaller, hopefully if you had insurance you can purchase another one. What type of damage was done to the stone?

arkeib1, yes my hand has recovered just fine. Actually I was told that the sapphire saved me a from a great deal of pain. Yea for my finger, but not such great news for the stone. It made this odd sort of noise when it got caught between things. I will post better photos in my offifce lighting so y'all can see what is making me so wild. I know the new inclusion might not be visible to everyone, but to me it is glaring. I worry if I continue wearing the ring, cleaning it the ultrasonic that I might damage it which would of course be even worse.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
SapphireStyle|1475517073|4083241 said:
Oh no, hope you're ok! Are you able to take some more photos of the damage so the experts here can give you their best advice?
SapphireStyle, yes I will!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PattyCo|1475614691|4083648 said:
I am so sorry this happened! How are you doing? I hope your hand is ok. Hopefully, if the sapphire is not suitable for a ring anymore, it might be able to be set in a bezeled necklace. That way you could keep it and savor it's beauty. Please start a new thread about this. You have so many folks that are dying to help you out.

PattyCo it has actually been more than a month since it happened. When it first did I was too upset and honestly my hand too swollen for me to be sure what was going on. Luckily all I ended up with was sprained finger and an odd sort of bruise, I am 100% better. Sadly I do not know of a way to heal my sapphire.

When I grab some new photos I will make a post in the CS forum. I really do love colored stones, they all have a certain majesty that I enjoy in those saturated hues, but I felt like this one in particular was very special.

I like your idea of making it into a necklace. I will bite the bullet and take it in to see what my local jeweler says.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
uhhhh...WOW...JUST WOW :love: :love: :love:

So sorry that you were hurt. I am so glad your hand is ok. I hope you can make it into something you love.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it made a cracking weird crunching noise this means you have internally fractured the stone, that would be my guess, unfortunately the only way to fix something like that is to have it recut/re-polished to either fix or get rid of that side/area of the stone. I once broke a diamond into pieces by smacking it against a brick wall I was demolishing renovating a house, it made a small cracking noise and then split into pieces when it was hit.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1475651741|4083784 said:
uhhhh...WOW...JUST WOW :love: :love: :love:

So sorry that you were hurt. I am so glad your hand is ok. I hope you can make it into something you love.

Thank you LLJsmom! I am not sure how to move forward!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1475681334|4083856 said:
If it made a cracking weird crunching noise this means you have internally fractured the stone, that would be my guess, unfortunately the only way to fix something like that is to have it recut/re-polished to either fix or get rid of that side/area of the stone. I once broke a diamond into pieces by smacking it against a brick wall I was demolishing renovating a house, it made a small cracking noise and then split into pieces when it was hit.
Arkieb1 I think you are 100% correct, though I wish you weren't.

I know these aren't the best photos but I think they show what I can see in certain lights.

img_12869.jpg

img_12870.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results