shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile vs. Gem Appraisers Shape Selector

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ssteigs

Rough_Rock
Many of you may know this about Blue Nile already but....

I have been looking at Princess stones on Blue nile. When you click on the pictures of the stones we all know that its not the actual stone and only tries to represent the overall shape and look of the diamond. However the shapes they represent are far from accurate as well. I am looking at a 1.07 diamond which should look slighly off square to very slightly rectangular. On Blue Nile it looks extremely rectangular. So I printed both images out of the same diamond and measured the pictures with a MM ruler. The picture represented on Bluenile as a 1.07L/W ratio is actually a 1.10 L/W. In fact any princess from 1.00 to 1.05 is the same photo. and anything 1.06 and up is the same photo. The image represented as a 1.07 on Gem Appraisers when measured by hand is exactly a 1.07.

So I just wanted to thank Oldminer for having these tools available to us. It makes a very complicated process of buying a diamond just a little bit easier!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results