shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile and Indigo to sell diamonds online in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Leonid,

This is an extremely intersting development that I''m sure will change the Canadian diamond market much the same as it happened in the States.

I, for one, will be watching this situation closely. I think it''s going to be a roaring success, though.

If the pricing is signicantly lower than the local B&M''s, then I think I foresee the average size of Canadians girls'' engagement rocks getting bigger (as more Canadians will be getting more size for their money).

Thanks for sharing those articles!

Daniela

AEmgee

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately, Canadians will have to pay GST, PST, excise tax and some additional shipping. Customs may result in a one-day delay if the package needs to be inspected.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting.
Will be kind of fun to watch and see what effect this has on the Canadian market.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think one effect of the Internet, and the competiveness of pricing, and general feeling of wealth in many countries is that Diamond engagement rings are getting bigger.
Also couples tend to be getting hitched in the late 20''s rather than early 20''s

Does anyone else notice this trend?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2005 5
6.gif
5:30 AM
Author: AEmgee
Unfortunately, Canadians will have to pay GST, PST, excise tax and some additional shipping. Customs may result in a one-day delay if the package needs to be inspected.
HI:

I have read more than one article about the push to abolish the freaded excise tax (which applies not only to genuine gemstones and jewellery but to costume pieces as well!!) and wonder what success will come of it with more and powerful lobbyists added to the mixture.............

cheers--Sharon

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/23/2005 8
6.gif
3:42 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Also couples tend to be getting hitched in the late 20''s rather than early 20''s

Does anyone else notice this trend?

What is amazing to me is that in the last 5 years couples that 10 years ago were spending $750.00-$1500.00 on a 1/3 ct. or 5/8 ct. now are spending $5,000.00 - $10,000.00 on a fine quality 1.00 ct plus diamond.

Not that I''m complaining, just observing.

foxglove

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the news leonid!

I think this is great! I''m Canadian and I have had some really really good experiences with ordering things online from Chapters-Indigo, most recently, an ipod that was delivered in 2 days complete with free shipping and package tracking.

Frankly, I''m reluctant to order diamonds from some e-vendors here only because of the potential hassel with the border crossing, etc. Chapters-Indigo also has B&M presence everywhere around here, and if they extend their normal return policy (bring online orders to any store for a full refund) for the diamonds too, this would make purchasing diamonds online a much more reassuring experience for me personally. Not to say that I''d be returning stuff, but knowing that I might have the option makes it psychologically more comforting.

I find this terribly exciting!!

fox

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results