shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue, Green, Pink...fun mini mix of tourmalines

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fun set! Perhaps you could do a pendant, following the original rectangular layout.

Daydream - a mystery setting like that would be drool-worthy. Pity it would be rather impossible...

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain said:
Hyacinth - what does your post have to do with the subject on this thread?

If you want to discuss Mr. Holloway and PS ownership and practices, please do so on the appropriate board, instead of spamming your message every where (14 posts on different boards so far). This practice, as well as writing under a fake user, makes you look like a troll and dilutes your message.

looks like this was posted on every board.....think it might be a troll :rolleyes:

I love these tourmalines they are so pretty...I been looking for some stones about that size and shape....might have to poke around and see if I can find some as pretty as yours :appl:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
diamondrnglover said:
Lady_Disdain said:
Hyacinth - what does your post have to do with the subject on this thread?

If you want to discuss Mr. Holloway and PS ownership and practices, please do so on the appropriate board, instead of spamming your message every where (14 posts on different boards so far). This practice, as well as writing under a fake user, makes you look like a troll and dilutes your message.

looks like this was posted on every board.....think it might be a troll :rolleyes:

I love this tourmalines they are so pretty...I been looking for some stones about that size and shape....might have to poke around and see if I can find some as pretty as yours :appl:

I apologize, this is a poster who has previously been banned numerous times for breaking PS policies and keeps coming back. Can't get enough of PS. ;))

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
AJ - Those are so FUN! I can't wait to see what you do with them. :appl:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, I saw those too, and love the new pics you took of the tiny sparklies!
Isn't Dana just the BEST!
I am a pendant kind of person, so I vote beautiful pendant!
And I would just keep the leftover ones to play with!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
AJ - I can see them set as a bracelet something like this Nicholas Varney piece and including all the lovely work on the back of each stone.

5-row brick back (web).jpg

5-row brick_0.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite said:
AJ - Those are so FUN! I can't wait to see what you do with them. :appl:

Me two!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oooh those are gorgeous! A pendant preserving the rectangular layouts would be awesome.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beltbuckle! They used to be quite popular, and if you like white or black dresses, it could be stunning! And it will be seen from the other corner of the room.
Problem with bracelets, they are not always instantaneously noticeable unless a person wears short sleeves. Same for earrings, for example. A beltbuckle can always be seen and is doable.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
How about a couple of bangles in contrasting colors...and/or earrings and a pendant? You could make the pendants slides and use one or two (or more) depending on what you are wearing.

Here is an idea/drawing.

Laura

Bangle idea Aug 2010  1296.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
ack! I lost track of this thread...I usually wouldn't re-hash, but I feel rude not addressing folks' comments...

Thank you Kunzite.

Cheers ooo-shiney! I agree, Dana was excellent to work with and his gems are really nice.

Thank you klewis for the suggestion - I have never seen something like that bracelet before; the backs are really quite incredible. ::)

Thanks CCN and BEG :wavey:

Crasru..lol, I'm sorry but I have to giggle about the belt buckle suggestion, just because it is sooo far from my personal style :D But cheers for your comments.

Largos, thank you for being thoughtful enough to draw up your idea, I appreciate your suggestion.

Thanks all !

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
How about as pendant/brooch? You can wear it as a pendant, a brooch, on your handbag, on a fabric headband etc etc

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems said:
How about as pendant/brooch? You can wear it as a pendant, a brooch, on your handbag, on a fabric headband etc etc

LG, thank you for the suggestion- I have to admit, I actually like this idea the best as it would suit me to a tee...I wear a lot of scarves in winter, and lighter ones or fabric headbands/head scarves in summer..it would make a statement!

I wonder if it would work nicely pinned with my favourite new accessory, Necklush, of which I now own four
I will have to look into it down the road, cheers LG!..::)

ETA: ooh, bad..I had to go on necklush's site to look up the photo, now I have placed a new order :lol:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Having never heard of a necklush before , I had to go check out the website. What a great idea, and a perfect setting for a brooch, if that's what you decide to do with your lovely tourmalines. However, the impact of the site was marred a bit by the very sulky-looking model at the bottom, who clearly did not want to be there, and he certainly didn't want to be wearing a necklush! Funny.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Aoife said:
Having never heard of a necklush before , I had to go check out the website. What a great idea, and a perfect setting for a brooch, if that's what you decide to do with your lovely tourmalines. However, the impact of the site was marred a bit by the very sulky-looking model at the bottom, who clearly did not want to be there, and he certainly didn't want to be wearing a necklush! Funny.

Hi Aoife,

I'm glad you like them! I am wearing one today and have to admit I am mildly addicted..

have to giggle at your 'sulky model' comments though - actually, I'm pretty sure that is the way they are intended to look, rockin the New Yawk attitude and all, lol :lol:

This is the new design I saw which I knew I must order ::)

coco leapord.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ - I lusted after those sets from Dana but snoozed for too long! I'm so glad they've gone to a great home and OMG they are gorgeous :love:

If you're after a pendant I've got one similar with graduated Tsavs - when I saw the sets on Dana's website it was the first idea that sprung to mind - what do you think?

Garnet Tsavorite Daylight3_1_1.JPG

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
arjunajane said:
Lovinggems said:

LG, thank you for the suggestion- I have to admit, I actually like this idea the best as it would suit me to a tee...I wear a lot of scarves in winter, and lighter ones or fabric headbands/head scarves in summer..it would make a statement!

I wonder if it would work nicely pinned with my favourite new accessory, Necklush, of which I now own four
I will have to look into it down the road, cheers LG!..::)

ETA: ooh, bad..I had to go on necklush's site to look up the photo, now I have placed a new order :lol:

It's a pretty good idea isn't it? :praise:
Anyway love the necklush.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
LovingDiamonds said:
AJ - I lusted after those sets from Dana but snoozed for too long! I'm so glad they've gone to a great home and OMG they are gorgeous :love:

If you're after a pendant I've got one similar with graduated Tsavs - when I saw the sets on Dana's website it was the first idea that sprung to mind - what do you think?

Hi LD - ack, thank you for sharing the photo of your pendant, its gorgeous!! :love: Is that how you wear it, on the tilt?
I'm so glad you posted this, its really given purchase to the idea in my mind.
Please post more photos if its not a hassle!

And thanks for being gracious about the tourms ::) :wavey:

Lovinggems said:
It's a pretty good idea isn't it? :praise:
Anyway love the necklush.

LG, its a fantastic idea, and seeing LD's awesome pendant has really cemented that its the right idea for these lil guys..
Glad you like the necklush - you should order one, they're super fun. ::)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
LD, that pendant is gorgeous! What a cool idea.

I can see your tourms done like that too AJ and pinned on a necklush-would be beautiful.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi AJ - Yes I wear it on the tilt but if you had it made, you could opt to have loops at the back so you could wear it both ways! Also you could have a pin put on so you could wear it as a broach also.

When I look at the photo of yours, I'd be tempted to move one around. You know the green one at the top and then there's one very similar just one row down? How about if you move the second one down more into the middle or to the opposite side i.e. on the diagonal? If you follow that you deserve a medal!!! I just think it'll be more symmetrical (unless that isn't an issue for you). Although I have to say that I adore the checkerboard look that Dana had assembled. Mmmmmmm :love:

Here's a neckshot. Is that the sort of thing you wanted to see? Unfortunately my camera hates the colour green. In real life you see far more graduation of colour and when I wear it, I always get compliments.

Garnet Tsavorite Neckshot2.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
packrat said:
LD, that pendant is gorgeous! What a cool idea.

I can see your tourms done like that too AJ and pinned on a necklush-would be beautiful.

thanks packy, I'm seeing it too :devil:

LovingDiamonds said:
Hi AJ - Yes I wear it on the tilt but if you had it made, you could opt to have loops at the back so you could wear it both ways! Also you could have a pin put on so you could wear it as a broach also.

When I look at the photo of yours, I'd be tempted to move one around. You know the green one at the top and then there's one very similar just one row down? How about if you move the second one down more into the middle or to the opposite side i.e. on the diagonal? If you follow that you deserve a medal!!! I just think it'll be more symmetrical (unless that isn't an issue for you). Although I have to say that I adore the checkerboard look that Dana had assembled. Mmmmmmm :love:

Here's a neckshot. Is that the sort of thing you wanted to see? Unfortunately my camera hates the colour green. In real life you see far more graduation of colour and when I wear it, I always get compliments.

Thank you LD for the extra photo, yes exactly what I was after, it looks fabulous on you and I can see why you get compliments!
I can make out the graduation in the image, very pretty - was this an idea of yours, or something you found 'off the shelf' if may ask?

Oh don't worry, the way I have mine laid out in the photos, is just mainly however I could get them to sit -
they are very tricky lil guys! :bigsmile:
If I were to go ahead with it, they would definitely be chopped and changed around to look a lot nicer and yes, symmetrical. ::)
(I do know the two you mean, I would leave the darkest green one out for sure)..
Dana must have the patience of a saint to have set them all set out the way he did, lol..They look super pretty sitting like that, but perhaps a lil clashy for actual wear..

Cheers again for your help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results