shape
carat
color
clarity

Blame it on My Mom...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I now know what started my passion for pink gemstones and for the emerald cut stone, in general. Here is a photo of my baby rings. Check out that rockin pink EC spinel!
9.gif

What started your passion for collection colored gemstones?

Lori

BABYRINGS.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, that should have said COLLECTING colored gemstones....I was too excited to have found my baby rings!
32.gif

Lori

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She sure started you young.
31.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to collect rocks as a kid, I moved onto gemstones kind of naturally... And my mom has a really nice collection that she would let me play with!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
whoo hoo! my DD has little fake rings and always say she wants her own diamond, then she looked at my bezel band and said "mom, thats too small for you, its an Auny (her shortened name) ring" I''ll get her some real ones in a bit, when I know she won''t break them

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I think that my first colored "gemstone" rings were the adjustable fakies from the gumball machine. Plus, I love bright colors and sparkles. How better than to wear colored gemstones?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I collected pretty rocks when I was little-some of them had little sparklies in them. My grampa was an amateur cutter, and he and gramma had a large collection of stones. We used to sit, the 3 of us, at the table and play with them.

My little girl likes to sit on my lap while I browse here and at different vendors. She has a lot of rings from the gumball machine, and she likes to get all dressed up with them, "like mommy".

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 10:51:59 AM
Author: D&T
whoo hoo! my DD has little fake rings and always say she wants her own diamond, then she looked at my bezel band and said 'mom, thats too small for you, its an Auny (her shortened name) ring' I'll get her some real ones in a bit, when I know she won't break them
Our dentist gives out little toys to the kids after their appointments if they behaved. I still remember the look of shock on my son's face when we were talking over the dinner table, and he discovered that his "ruby" ring was a fake. "Mom, we need to tell the dentist right away. He thinks these are real rubies!" It was hard not to laugh at the kid, and it took quite a bit of convincing him that, no, we were not going to call the dentist to tell him his ruby and sapphire kids' rings were fakes, because the dentist already knew that. I think this was one of those growing up moments for our son, like discovering there is no Santa Claus.

Just saying that you don't need to give DD the real thing too early. The fakies will work fine for a long time.
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 11:07:50 AM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 7/16/2009 10:51:59 AM
Author: D&T
whoo hoo! my DD has little fake rings and always say she wants her own diamond, then she looked at my bezel band and said ''mom, thats too small for you, its an Auny (her shortened name) ring'' I''ll get her some real ones in a bit, when I know she won''t break them
Our dentist gives out little toys to the kids after their appointments if they behaved. I still remember the look of shock on my son''s face when we were talking over the dinner table, and he discovered that his ''ruby'' ring was a fake. ''Mom, we need to tell the dentist right away. He thinks these are real rubies!'' It was hard not to laugh at the kid, and it took quite a bit of convincing him that, no, we were not going to call the dentist to tell him his ruby and sapphire kids'' rings were fakes, because the dentist already knew that. I think this was one of those growing up moments for our son, like discovering there is no Santa Claus.

Just saying that you don''t need to give DD the real thing too early. The fakies will work fine for a long time.
1.gif
lol,, thats cute, I have given her my "tester" rings so that should last her until she turns 16 then she will get my bezel band.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Cute little ring loriken! I always loved looking at shiny rocks and used to find the ones with the fools gold (sorry don''t know the proper name for it) and that was so much fun!

My daughter is also into jewelry and wants the real thing, especially now that I''ve gotten a few settings in the mail. I think I might have to get her a ring for Christmas and see if she can keep up with it. I set one of my small sapphires in a snap-tite pendant setting for her almost a year ago but she doesn''t wear it much though. Which is good because I''m nervous it''ll fall out. LOL
6.gif
Don''t trust my setting skills...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results