shape
carat
color
clarity

Birthday / wedding present up to $1000

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

candy

Rough_Rock
I''m getting married very soon, and turning 29 a week after the wedding. My bf has asked me to help him pick out a special gift for me
36.gif

However, I don''t have any good ideas! All I know is that I want to spend less than $1000, and I want it to be something that I''ll have forever. Doesn''t have to be jewelry, but that seems to be my best idea so far.

Any thoughts?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2007 7:20:06 PM
Author: FireGoddess
1ctw shared prong bangle?
18.gif

http://whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Bracelets/Shared-Prong-Bangle_958.htm
my thoughts exactly! i''m biased considering i just got one hehe.

but i looked around for a few days with around a $1k budget in mind online, and honestly i thought that the bangle was a great deal for the price...i was thinking of a bracelet but so many of them are $2k+. this is a great way to get a little bling without breaking the bank. if you can go up to the 1.5ctw...that is the one i ended up getting and i love it!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
The bangle IS a great idea.

But here's another thought. I haven't priced stones lately, but how about a small pair of diamond studs? If you bought from a vendor with a full trade-up policy, you could upgrade through the years! OOOOH, me LIKEY that idea!!!
36.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I am biased b/c I was just shopping for this, but how about a diamond pendant? I found good options for well under your budget, and I ended up spending close to $800 for a 0.40 J SI1 diamond from Whiteflash in a 3 prong martini pendant. I''ll have it tomorrow! You could also do studs but they would be on the smaller side if you wanted upgradeable ones, or a bit bigger if you did the ready-set-to go ones (I looked at WF and BlueNile.)

Happy b-day!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How fun!! I vote for the bangle. It''s soooo pretty!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
All great ideas! Candy, do you have a diamond pendant, bracelet, or studs already? I did a quick check on WF for studs and with the stones they have available now, it would put you a little over $1K but you could search other vendors or give WF a call and let them know your budget.

I vote for the bangle! Yum!!
30.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
bangle fan here too. but, i''m biased cause that was my wedding present
30.gif

candy

Rough_Rock
Some great suggestions here! Funny, you all listed the top three items on my list -- the Whiteflash bangle, diamond studs, or a pendant. Jcrow and Mara, I have certainly admired the photos of your recent gifts
18.gif
And I look forward to seeing pics of your pendant, gailrmv.

I was worried that the studs / solitaire pendants in my price range would be too small, and I''m not sure how I feel about upgrading this gift. I should stop by a local jewelry store to try some things on since I have no clue what these sizes are like in real life.

Decisions, decisions.... Keep the suggestions coming!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you like the Cartier rolling ring?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
You could probably buy a pair of earrings with .30''s I/SI set in simple martini or basket settings.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
oooooh, the bangle seems like the best idea! i vote bangle!!!
1.gif

mara, jcrow, where are the pics of your beautiful gifts? i searched for the threads, but couldn''t find it! can you attach a linky?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE those bangles, another vote for the WF ACA bangle here!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
ditto here. I *heart* the shared prong bangle. fabulous!!
30.gif

candy

Rough_Rock
I''m sensing a common theme here... the Whiteflash bangle!!! OK, you guys twisted my arm. But I''m laughing -- leave it to the PS ladies to come in $1 under budget
9.gif

Now I just have to convince the boy. His last gift to me was a bracelet, so I don''t think he''ll understand that I want another one. Then again, he doesn''t understand lots of things -- he wanted to buy me either an iPhone or GPS navigation for my birthday, after I specifically told him NO GADGETS!
20.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 1:11:39 PM
Author: candy
I''m sensing a common theme here... the Whiteflash bangle!!! OK, you guys twisted my arm. But I''m laughing -- leave it to the PS ladies to come in $1 under budget
9.gif
You know we''re gonna go max out the budget to get the most bling!!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 1:21:21 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 6/6/2007 1:11:39 PM
Author: candy
9.gif
You know we''re gonna go max out the budget to get the most bling!!
2.gif
LOL I know that was the appeal to me originally at first. I was thinking $999 sounds so much better than $1000. hehe.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
A beautiful string of pearls?

Diamond Earring jackets?

An antique gold locket with both your photos in?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now you all have me working on my husband to get the ACA bangle.
emsmile.gif

PS is a bad influence, very, very bad!
2.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
A beautiful round pendant bezel set in palladium would be my choice. $1000 could get you a ~50 ct. stone with enough left for the setting.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the bangle, but, then again, I REALLY want one also!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results