shape
carat
color
clarity

Birthday question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
How would you feel if your DH or SO didn''t acknowledge your birthday 1st thing in the morning?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t be too upset. DH has an awful memory. If he forgot for the entire day, then I''d be sad.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
you mean as in both fully awake and maybe having breakfast?

I am really sleepy in the morning and DH wakes up before me and leaves the house while I''m still sleeping, so I don''t think he would expect me to be fully awake.

In that case, I think it''s understandable.

If both fully awake, then I guess it would somewhat hurt my feelings...but I would probably blurt it out and say "helloooo, aren''t you forgetting something!!!??". Then I''d probably let it go, but I''m not a big birthday person (when it comes to my own).

Is it your birthday today!? If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
emotion-19.gif

M~

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t be too bummed. As long as he remembers at some point. I don''t think I care too much if someone remembers or forgets my b-day.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You mean before he left for work? I''d be upset. One year, my DH forgot our anniversary and boy was I pissed off.

I guess things do happen though. Is it your birthday? Is your DH having a stressful week at work?

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies.
and yes it is my birthday
16.gif

We were both awake. He had just come home from work (he worked graveyard).
Granted he may have been tired.. he had enough energy to write a rather long email
ranting about our government but not enough to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY and a hug?
I dunno. Maybe I''m making it more than it should be. I guess he''s just not good at
that stuff. He''s the type that will never send or buy me flowers etc. and its bothersome
to me. We''ve talked about it. but.. I guess the days not over so I should just wait and see.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Some guys are just not like that!.

I think women need to be more direct though. If you want to do something special, just tell him. Waiting just "to see" may lead to dissapointment because maybe he just doesn''t get how important it is to you.

Brithdays are not a big deal to me, but I do love gifts
30.gif
. So every year I start my "Mandarine''s birthday is coming up" campaign at least a month in advance!
27.gif
That way he *knows* I''m expecting something!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I'd say wait it out. There's a lot of birthday day left!
2.gif
Dh forgot to tell me first thing on my birthday this year. He's a guy. He remembered by noon so I was a-okay.
5.gif

ETA~Happy Birthday!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday MB!

I would be disappointed if DH doesn''t remember it''s my birthday in the morning but like Mandarine I''d probably say, "aren''t you forgetting to say something?" My DH sounds like yours, not a big flower or gift guy. Hopefully your DH does other things to make you feel special. There''s still lots of time today.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday MommaBear!

Don''t be too, too upset. FI forgot this past birthday (thought it was the next day) and I was upset too. Wait and see if he really forgot, and if he did, tonight, let him have it! LOL Make him feel a little guilty, but don''t be mad. Sometimes they''re just oblivious...but innocent
12.gif

Best advice I got from PS was to let him make it up to me. AND HE DID!
36.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I was writing I wouldn''t be upset but then I started thinking about it and I actually would be. But only because he has me used to hearing Happy Birthday at midnight with a hug/kiss and a little card. If he didn''t do that, I''d be wondering why.

Then again if he did forget my birthday I would think he was silly since it''s 5 days after his
3.gif

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
I know he hasn''t forgotten because we''ve been making various plans all week long in regards to my bday (things we''re going to be doing, etc.) so that makes it even ''worse'' cuz it''s like he''s just choosing not to say anything?
33.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 3:35:08 PM
Author: MommaBear
I know he hasn''t forgotten because we''ve been making various plans all week long in regards to my bday (things we''re going to be doing, etc.) so that makes it even ''worse'' cuz it''s like he''s just choosing not to say anything?
33.gif
Maybe he''s going to surprise you and wants you to think he forgot??

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy birthday!

I don''t think it would bother me, but we don''t make much a to-do about birthdays
1.gif
if the whole day went by and he never said anything, I''d probably give him a hard time about it - but in all likelihood he would have just forgotten what day it was, not that that day is my birthday.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''d probably be a bit hurt and disappointed, but I''d try to get over it and not let it spoil a good birthday, especially if they do something especially nice to make up for it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results