shape
carat
color
clarity

Birthday Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
My birthday(21st) is on Monday and my parents want me to give them some ideas....I have NO idea what to tell them any ideas ladies??

LegalGal

Rough_Rock
Happy early birthday! I just had to respond because my birthday (25th) is also on Monday :) Hmm, ideas. For my 21st my parents got me a Waterford crystal piece. I have always admired the pieces in my mother''s collection so they decided to start me off on my own. This year it was a cute handbag (they gave it to me early so I could start using it). Jewelry is always nice of course :) I also like getting things for my apartment, artwork or other things that I would like to have but would never buy for myself.

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
WOW Happy early bday! I''ve never "met" anyone with the same bday!! Great ideas! :)

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
An Ipod? That''s what I got for my 23rd.
My parents knew I was going to be studying in Europe the next year, so they gave me money towards that for my 21st.
My brother got a collection of nice vodkas as that is his favorite drink.

I should point out that I am from a very practical family, so if you''re looking for sentimental, I am no help.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Did they give you any kind of budget? Do you have a sense of what a budget might be? That would probably help people brainstorm (not to sound crass, just to get a ballpark...).

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
Not sure of budget... they were going to get me a GPS(until I discovered you have to pay monthly)So if that is sort of a ballpark figure... haha

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I never know what I want, but I usually need several practical things that I don''t want to pay for. One year I got new brakes on my car for my birthday.

Orrr... you may want to completely go the fun route. Is there a nice handbag you''ve been admiring? Or maybe they could get you a gift card to your favorite store (mine do that sometimes). Maybe there''s some jewelry you like? A tiffany''s pendant perhaps? (Gosh, I''d like one of those myself come to think of it.)

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
My parents gave me diamond studs for my 21st. Ten years later they are still sparkling in my ears! Don''t know if it fits the budget, but my mom''s jeweler told her it was what you give for the 21st! I''m glad she listened!

Happy Birthday!

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the great suggestions ladies!! It''s always so hard to give ideas when it comes to your own bday!

Heidi137

Shiny_Rock
I like the handbag and Tiffany''s pendant ideas . Also, what about a digital camera, nice sunglasses, a watch or some earrings?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes I like getting experiences more than I like stuff. Maybe they could get you a gift certificate for a night (or two, depending on the budget) at a B&B to spend with your honey?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What did you get?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results