shape
carat
color
clarity

Birth Control Patch

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 11:48:19 AM
Author: Blenheim
I also had heard only good things about the NuvaRing, but I guess I''m one of the few people who just hate it. I tried it for one month, and was dying to switch to something else within a few days. I might just be shaped a little differently down there or something, but I had to readjust it several times a day because it was on the verge of coming out. (I''m fine with tampons, by the way.) Once I mentioned it to my doc, she said that it seems to be a love it or hate it type of birth control.

Sorry if this is TMI -- I just wanted to put another point of view out there. I had only heard great things with it, and thought that something must be wrong with me or something when I didn''t love it too.

I really hope that it works out well for you!
Thank you for your opinion. This is definitely something to think about.

By the way -- there is no such thing as TMI with me!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I was on it for about 5 months. It made me sick.. I felt like I was pregnant allll the time and was very very crampy. I have heard soooo many horrible things about it sice them.. THANK GOD I went off of it then.

I had trouble remembering to take the pill and wanted to try something easier. So I tried the patch and then I tried the NUVO ring.. OMG!!! If only they had come up with this so long ago!! I ABSOULTELY LOVED IT!!! IF I ever go back on BC I am going straight to the Nuvo Ring. Convienent, safe and perfect....

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
I also use nuva ring. I''m glad others dissuaded you from using the patch. I personally won''t prescribe it anymore.

A helpful tip: in order to ensure that the ring is in far enough (and prevent feeling it and decrease the risk of it coming out) use a tampon to insert it. Simply take a tampon, push out the actual tampon. Fold the ring in half and then in half again, and push into the top of the applicator. Then insert like any old tampon, using the plunger of the applicator to push the ring up and into place.

It has come out on women during BMs or sex, but it can be rinsed off and reinserted. If that makes you squeamish, I would suggested getting a few samples from your provider and keeping one in your purse to insert in case the first comes out.

The ring is good for up to 4 months when stored at room temperature and up to the expiration date on the box when stored in the fridge.

Munchkin

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 6:51:22 PM
Author: Munchkin
I also use nuva ring. I''m glad others dissuaded you from using the patch. I personally won''t prescribe it anymore.

A helpful tip: in order to ensure that the ring is in far enough (and prevent feeling it and decrease the risk of it coming out) use a tampon to insert it. Simply take a tampon, push out the actual tampon. Fold the ring in half and then in half again, and push into the top of the applicator. Then insert like any old tampon, using the plunger of the applicator to push the ring up and into place.

It has come out on women during BMs or sex, but it can be rinsed off and reinserted. If that makes you squeamish, I would suggested getting a few samples from your provider and keeping one in your purse to insert in case the first comes out.

The ring is good for up to 4 months when stored at room temperature and up to the expiration date on the box when stored in the fridge.

Munchkin
Thanks for all the tips. If I have trouble inserting it, I will use these hints!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
To update all:

My doctor prescribed the NuvaRing. I''ll start it next month. However.... I swallowed my pill today no problem! I didn''t use any liquids. Just put it at the back of my throat, swallowed, and SURPRISE... it went down. I''m still going to switch. Anything that I can do once a month instead of once a day sounds good to me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results