shape
carat
color
clarity

Big Blue debuts...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone, but I do not have to tell you that! :)

Seriously, I am glad you have found one that really makes your heart sing.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: the ring or pendant thing. Pendants are lovely but with a ring YOU get to look at it all of the time.

While it would be nice to wear it at the wedding your heart seems to be set on a ring. Go with what you want.

HTH

ColorKat

Rough_Rock
Hi I am ColorKat. I am new to Pricescope. I love your stone!! It is gorgious!! Congrats and enjoy!! I love blue also. Infact, I am in the process of designing a tanzanite ring. I will post photos when it is complete.
All the best-
Colorkat

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all of your wonderful comments guys! I really appreciate them!

And then there were more pictures...

Reveal light

IMG_4849 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_4857 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The side view shows the color well and the thicker faceted girdle. Love those faceted girdles!

IMG_4862 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eesh that last pic was kind of blurry!

BLUE!

IMG_4863 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_4868 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_4870 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_4874 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Size comparison

IMG_4879 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now WHAT IS THAT in the background behind all of those blue spinels?!?!?!?!

IMG_4973 freke.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
hello! what''s that gorgeous ring there Freke??????? MUST. HAVE. MORE. PICS!!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2009 5:08:54 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Now WHAT IS THAT in the background behind all of those blue spinels?!?!?!?!
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE PICS OF YOUR RESET PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Apologies for the caps, but freakin'' YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol LTP and BEG!

I''m just trying to figure out if I should put it in here or on SMTR?

...decisions, decisions...

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Liz,

WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS?????
36.gif

Lori

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is GORGEOUS!!! Put the ring in Show Me the Ring!!!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
SMTR all the way!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2009 6:26:37 PM
Diffused sunlight/shadows
Wow, beautiful shot! Beautiful stone!
36.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhh! It''s all happening! I''ve been out of town, so this is is the first time I''ve seen this thread. LOVE the new spinel, it''s the big bro to the 6mm Barry spinel I bought in April. Gonna shoot over to SMTR now...

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
OMG your rings done! Yay! More pics please.

BTW since seeing big blue and your ring I now want a blue spinel. it wasn''t on the list but now it definitely is. It''s crazy how the gem lust never ends. There is always something else to want.....sigh.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
For more pictures:

Freke's NEW blue e-bling

Lol IK! I have developed a problem. I have my ering, and Big blue, but also, a periwinkle barion from Dan, ering stone #2 from Dan, and two ovals from my local gem store. Apparently I need to collect blue spinels. It's a freaking disease--blue spinelitis or something. Whatever it is, I've got it.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait for a ring photo of your new spinel. Great cut and colour and it gives beautiful flashes of light. I love blue and now I think I prefer a beautiful spinel like yours over a sapphire.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Freke- love love the new photos of big blue. And umm... I didn''t know the reset was done
6.gif
Off to SMTR!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
She''s a beauty!! I love the color and the cutting. Please do make it into a ring. I think it''s just too beautiful for a pendant.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/9/2009 9:17:34 PM
For more pictures:

Freke''s NEW blue e-bling

Lol IK! I have developed a problem. I have my ering, and Big blue, but also, a periwinkle barion from Dan, ering stone #2 from Dan, and two ovals from my local gem store. Apparently I need to collect blue spinels. It''s a freaking disease--blue spinelitis or something. Whatever it is, I''ve got it.
I have the same disease with cuprians.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/6/2009 6:43:58 PM
So. It IS Barry''s blue spinel.

2.74cts
8.3mm

What the Barry said on the site about it:
SP-6150 Tunduru Spinel(J) 2.74 cts., 8.3mm round brilliant[Gec]. This is the largest blue spinel with this kind of color that I''ve cut in 10 years. It is a very slightly purplish blue and the color is between medium and medium/dark in intensity. Flawless at 10x. BB

Soooo....Barry is a stinker. He has been waiting for some rough I asked for a while back, to come in, and in the meantime when I would send him an email, he''d share a photo. So he sent me that last pic--on the pyrite, and that was it. I HAD TO HAVE IT. BUT I didn''t have $480 lying around, I''m a poor student!

So I went to the closest bank I knew of. The Bank of Dad. And sold him on the huge size, the rarity, and how it was basically just a bigger version of my ering stone (it''s a little bit darker). Now, amazingly enough, he agreed to it (I think this was mostly because the last jewelry he bought was my mom''s ering 5 years ago, and 1.5ct diamonds don''t come cheap) so between carat weight and cost--it probably seemed like an outright BARGAIN to him.

So it''s my wedding present from my dad.

Thanks Dad! Love you!

Anyway, I lost sleep over this stone. My sleep schedule is again all messed up from waking up in the middle of the night, terrified I had somehow slept through 10am May 1. On the first, I woke up at 8:18am (just under 3 hours from the drop) in a panic. My internet has been wacked out for a week or two, and I was so scared I''d miss out on it because of BLEEPING COMCAST. And then, when I got out of bed, I began refreshing. And refreshing. And refreshing.

When it finally came up, I went straight through to the spinels, put it in my cart, and checked out. I didn''t have any problems--probably because I didn''t pause, hesitate, look around or think. Just did it.

It was worth all of the stress.

What a gorgeous and wonderful wedding present from your DAD! Now you can wear your "something blue" on your wedding day....and it will be extra special since it is from your DAD!! It is just a HEAVENLY GORGEOUS BLUE!!!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yowza Freke!! It is beautiful.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Oooo I love it! I am becoming cut a spinel junky :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results