shape
carat
color
clarity

Bialetti Mukka Express?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Step-mother-in-law gave us one of these for Christmas (the one exclusively at William Sonoma) and I was wondering if anyone else had one. I''d love any tips you may have! My only complaint so far is that it is nearly impossible to screw apart after you make the coffee. I''m also wondering what will happen if I put a little more water in it than it says to.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
And here''s a picture because I think it is just so cute!

bialettimukka.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you put in more water, you risk a couple of things:

the little "button" on the side is the safety valve. it releases steam (pressure) in the bottom chamber if, for some reason, things don't work. don't cover it with water.

the upper chamber does have a limited capacity. If you put in more water than you are supposed to, your upper chamber might overflow. Or you might spill a little while moving the pot around.

About unscrewing...usually the person who put it together should be able to unscrew it.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

I am a huge coffee snob and will only use percolators (not drip down). Drip downs leave coffee way too watery and takes away completely from the flavor. Percolators allow the flavor to stay and the coffee just comes out so delicious. I also find Bialetti to be the best brand out there (and its so affordable!).

I''m assuming from the picture that you have the stovetop.

As for putting more water than suggested I ditto JulieN that you run the risk of overflow. If the coffee is too strong then you can fill the water to the suggested line and when you place the coffee inside either don''t pack it in or don''t fill to the top.

Also, replace the accessories every year. It keeps the coffee fresh. You can get the accessories anywhere (even at the dollar store). You''ll notice a round rubber thing (for lack of better word
3.gif
) on the bottom of the top part of the coffee maker. That should be replaced every six months or so (it''s about $2.99).

Enjoy! I love my Bialetti. We have the electric one because my stovetop is so old that it burns the coffee LOL
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results