shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD v Whiteflash diamond station necklace

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
Aww they sound lovely. Similar to ragdolls!?

Yes, my Oriental has a lot to say and prefers to tell me about all the ways that I could be lavishing her with more attention :lol:

They are similar to Ragdolls in temperament, but my Exotics don’t really like to be picked up (tough luck I tell them!)

Haha, reminds me of that saying ‘dogs have masters….cats have slaves’ :lol:

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the suggestion. That is something I am terrible at, asking for discounts :roll2: I have purchased from Whiteflash before, and they are just such a lovely group of people to work with, I would like to stay loyal to them if possible. I'll see how it all pans out!
I think if items are of similar quality with no discernible difference, it is quite acceptable to mention that ‘X’ has this item for $ and ‘Y’ has what appears to be the same item for $$.

Quite possibly one vendors item is superior to the others, and I’m sure they will tell you why.

It doesn’t hurt to ask and I’m sure the vendor would be more than happy to explain why theirs is superior….especially if you are a returning customer.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Check this thread—for a time, Whiteflash was not using ACA melee due to supply chain issues. Not sure if that is still the case or if it would be the case with this necklace, but something to confirm as you decide: Post in thread 'WF no longer using ACA melee?'https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-no-longer-using-aca-melee.273539/#post-5129982

@mayaINaU ,
Thank you for posting that link. Just to reiterate here :

The change with regard to our ACA melee pertains primarily to bracelets, bangles and other non-bridal items that are carat weight intensive.

Engagement rings and wedding bands that we make in-house (Whiteflash brand) will continue to be made with ACA melee.

The description on each item detail page will clearly state if the piece comes with ACA melee.

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
Both Whiteflash and BGD .50ctw station necklaces are now advertised at the same price.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Both Whiteflash and BGD .50ctw station necklaces are now advertised at the same price.

Oh wow! :shock: That's fantastic as I'd prefer to go with Whiteflash given that I've bought from them before and their customer service is stellar. Woo hoo!

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow! :shock: That's fantastic as I'd prefer to go with Whiteflash given that I've bought from them before and their customer service is stellar. Woo hoo!
It’s very tempting, I think you should go for it!

Only difference I can see is the Whiteflash bezel is in white gold on all their necklaces and BGDs bezel is in the same colour gold as the chain.

I wonder if the exposed diamond culet would be annoying.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
It’s very tempting, I think you should go for it!

Only difference I can see is the Whiteflash bezel is in white gold on all their necklaces and BGDs bezel is in the same colour gold as the chain.

I wonder if the exposed diamond culet would be annoying.

I have read where some people do find the exposed culet annoying, though I'm not sure if with diamonds of this size if it would be a problem as they are teeny tiny. I guess there's only one way to find out!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
On my diamond station necklace (with 20 pointers) I feel the culets on the back of my neck, and find them prickly, especially if I wear a jacket or cardigan sweater that presses them into my skin. The diamonds/culets elsewhere on the necklace don't bother me at all and I can barely feel them. For me, I think the next station necklace I'll purchase, I'll design so there won't be diamonds anywhere on the back side of my neck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results