shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Recut, so amazing, what should I do?

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
Lesley and Brian are a dream! I have worked with them on multiple occasions and they really are the best in the business. On to the story, I was married years before and had a diamond from that marriage. I didn't discover Pricescope until after the original diamond was purchased and the diamond wasn't as sparkly as it could have been. I spoke with Brian about recutting the diamond back in 2009. There was a feather inclusion in the diamond and he was worried that it would break in the recut process. Fast forward three years and after working with Lesley to find an amazing diamond for my new engagement ring, I went to Houston to visit and thank Lesley and Brian for their amazing work. I brought along the old diamond to see what they thought I should do with it. It held too many memories for me and after having a true BGD diamond, I just couldn't see myself wearing it anymore. Brian looked at it again and decided that he would proceed with the recut and felt certain that he could do his magic. Two months later, I heard back from Lesley that the recut was complete and she attached pictures. Wow, the pictures are beautiful. The problem is, even with it being recut, I just don't think I will ever wear it. I think I'm going to try and sell it and hope that someone else can enjoy this beauty. The diamond is not currently certified. Should I spend the extra money and try and get it certified or should I just try and move forward with selling it? Also, I know of diamond bistro, but are there other sites out there where people sell diamonds? I am attaching pictures and stats on the recut before. I will then post all the new information that was sent to me from Lesley.

Any thoughts and insight provided would be very appreciated.

AnaClare

ASET.jpg

170.JPG

Baton Rouge Easter 09 093.JPG

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
Here are the recut images and information.

4957_RecutReults-SARINa.png

2170_RecutReults-IDEAL.jpg

4575_RecutReults-ARROWS.jpg

7094_RecutReults-ASET.jpg

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
Here are the last two.

9211_RecutReults-HEARTS.jpg

5854_RecutReults-DiaPic.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd get it certed by GIA or AGS. If Brian thinks it will get an AGS 0 I'd send it to AGS. If he thinks it won't but will get a GIA Ex/Ex then I'd send it to GIA.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing after the recut! Brian did a great job!

If I were you, I would have your diamond certified if you're going to sell it.

O/w, I would have it set into another piece of jewelry such as a pendant necklace. I did precisely that after my recut of my original engagement diamond--I put it in a BGD Barbara pendant.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Looks wonderful!

(I'm in the market, so give me a shout via DB if you end up selling!)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you'll be able to sell it by listing on Diamond Bistro and putting a thread on the pre-loved forum here. I also had a family diamond that was recut be BG, and it was well worth it to me. Yours looks great!

If you thought you might want to use the diamond as one of a pair of studs or for a pendant, I would keep it because diamonds are so crazy high now. Otherwise, I'd get the grading report and then sell it. Brian can tell you whether to send to AGS or GIA. The downside is that GIA takes weeks (the last time I heard).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
very nice!! :appl: yep!...you need to get a GIA or AGS report.

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the advice. I have contacted Lesley about where to certify and she will be getting back to me once she consults with Brian. I entered the information using the HCA tool and it came out as a 1.2. I also used the AGA and it was a 1a across the board. Thanks again for the advice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results