shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD + GOG + OMC= My Josette

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Matata! Stunning, gorgeous ring! Brian and Lesley have done it again! Their designs just keep getting better and better. Your ring is unique, and totally
special just for you! Congratulations! Hope you enjoy it for many, many years to come!!!!

I''m with Kaleigh-I so want to try it on!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That is absolutely positively 100% STUNNING. It''s so gorgeous. The setting completely compliments your lovely Josette (too funny that you named it
9.gif
) and created a beaut of a ring!!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, your ring is STUNNING! I almost missed this thread-I''m so glad gecko bumped it! The cushion is gorgeous and that setting is just to die for! I love your initials in the basket-so cool! Wear it in good health!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
********sparkle sparkle!!!! *******

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
It''s TRULY STUNNGING! I LOVE the setting!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING!!!
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 1:28:33 PM
Author: Matata
I promise I won''t bump this anymore but I wanted to add one last picture showing my initials on the basket bottom
30.gif

Wow, that''s freaking awesome M! This ring is seriously a work of art - I can''t get over how lovely every part is. You must be over the moon.
It completely has the look and feel (at least in these pics) of a completely handmade piece - infact I''m kinda surprised they achieved such a lovely "old world" look with CAD! Do you know if the details are hand finished, such as the wire work and milgrain?

Actually, that leads me to a question I''ve been wanting to ask you.
I''m seriously considering BGD for a new ring project - however after having pieces made by Jim Meyer and Julia Taylor, I''ve really developed a penchant for completely handmade.
I''m looking for something reasonably different, and perhaps with some vintage touches, like yours.
In your opinion from owning this piece, does that "handmade" artisan quality shown in your pics translate to you IRL wear?

I know it''s kind of an abstract question..I hope you understand what I mean!

thanks in advance Matata, and congrats again
30.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/25/2009 7:53:52 AM
Author: arjunajane

I promise I won''t bump this anymore but I wanted to add one last picture showing my initials on the basket bottom
30.gif

Wow, that''s freaking awesome M! This ring is seriously a work of art - I can''t get over how lovely every part is. You must be over the moon.

It completely has the look and feel (at least in these pics) of a completely handmade piece - infact I''m kinda surprised they achieved such a lovely ''old world'' look with CAD! Do you know if the details are hand finished, such as the wire work and milgrain?

Actually, that leads me to a question I''ve been wanting to ask you.

I''m seriously considering BGD for a new ring project - however after having pieces made by Jim Meyer and Julia Taylor, I''ve really developed a penchant for completely handmade.

I''m looking for something reasonably different, and perhaps with some vintage touches, like yours.

In your opinion from owning this piece, does that ''handmade'' artisan quality shown in your pics translate to you IRL wear? I know it''s kind of an abstract question..I hope you understand what I mean!

30.gif

I don''t know if any of it was done by hand, it feels that way though. Everyone I know who''s seen it has assumed it''s handmade because of the level of detail. I think it looks handmade but ya know there''s no way I can be objective about The Josette
2.gif
Strangers have approached me in stores around town to tell me how lucky I am to have inherited such a beauty. They have a hard time believing me when I tell them it''s a new piece and not an heirloom. Email Lesley or chat with her about your preferences; feel free to ask her questions about my ring.

Which stone will you be setting? I have a hard time keeping up with you!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s just drop dead gorgeous! love, love, love it!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 1:38:08 PM
Date: 9/25/2009 7:53:52 AM

Author: arjunajane

I promise I won't bump this anymore but I wanted to add one last picture showing my initials on the basket bottom
30.gif

Wow, that's freaking awesome M! This ring is seriously a work of art - I can't get over how lovely every part is. You must be over the moon.

It completely has the look and feel (at least in these pics) of a completely handmade piece - infact I'm kinda surprised they achieved such a lovely 'old world' look with CAD! Do you know if the details are hand finished, such as the wire work and milgrain?

Actually, that leads me to a question I've been wanting to ask you.

I'm seriously considering BGD for a new ring project - however after having pieces made by Jim Meyer and Julia Taylor, I've really developed a penchant for completely handmade.

I'm looking for something reasonably different, and perhaps with some vintage touches, like yours.

In your opinion from owning this piece, does that 'handmade' artisan quality shown in your pics translate to you IRL wear? I know it's kind of an abstract question..I hope you understand what I mean!

30.gif

I don't know if any of it was done by hand, it feels that way though. Everyone I know who's seen it has assumed it's handmade because of the level of detail. I think it looks handmade but ya know there's no way I can be objective about The Josette
2.gif
Strangers have approached me in stores around town to tell me how lucky I am to have inherited such a beauty. They have a hard time believing me when I tell them it's a new piece and not an heirloom. Email Lesley or chat with her about your preferences; feel free to ask her questions about my ring.

Which stone will you be setting? I have a hard time keeping up with you!!

Thankyou M for the reply - that's just what I assumed. Awwe..I wish I could see it in person!
That's so cool that folks think it's an heirloom - I likely would too.
Can I ask, how much of the design input from was BG's side? Or did you know every detail that you wanted?

Yep, when the time's right I will contact Lesley, and indeed ask about the lovely Josette.
5.gif

ha ha - I have a hard time keeping up with me love! I have just now ordered a Jeff White cushion sapphire - thread with discussion over in CS.
1.gif

oh, btw is the milgrained band comfortable?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I ask, how much of the design input from was BG''s side? Or did you know every detail that you wanted?
oh, btw is the milgrained band comfortable?

I''ll start with the short answer first -- I can''t feel the milgrain at all. The ring is completely comfy.

Now on to the design. I sent a few photos of vintage rings that were all variations on a theme and talked with Brian about what I liked & didn''t like about them. I had a vague idea of what I wanted and was more sure of what I didn''t want. Brian is astute at picking up on personality & preferences and our conversations consisted of him asking "how about if we do this" "do you like this idea" and me going "yes" "ohhh yes" "ooooo that sounds FABULOUS" He sent me several sketches based on our discussion, I chose one, and then we talked about refinements. I was perfectly comfortable having Brian gently navigate me through many options. Next time I use them for a project, I''m just going to stipulate whether I want vintage or contemporary and let him unleash his creative genius in all its glory.

Here is the main concept ring from Faye Cullen. I didn''t want round diamonds in the leaves, didn''t want a profusion of milgrain, and I wasn''t too keen on that thin band of metal that attaches two of the prongs to the center stone. LOL, I just realized that I sent him a pic of a ring that I didn''t quite like and he whipped up a dream.

floaty1.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is absolutely beautiful.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou M for elaborating for me -
yep, your ring, Gypsy''s pendant - Brian really seems to have a knack for doing that!

I think you have convinced me they are the folks to use next time.
Cheers for answering all my questions lovey!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results