shape
carat
color
clarity

bezel?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abrooke22

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, I''m sorry if you keep having to put up with me. We went to try rings on yesterday. LOVED bezel style rings, my question is would it look ok for putting blue topaz stone into a bezel ring? How do I go about that. I know the bezel has to fit perfectly so, How would you go about this?

Thank you so much in advance!

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
They don''t really have to fit perfectly, they just have to look like they do. While it''s very hard to fit a stone which is too large into a bezel setting, it''s very easy to fit a stone which is a bit smaller into one. Find the right craftsperson and you can even have the bezel changed to fit a stone which is a lot smaller. With something as commonly available as blue topaz it may even be easier to have the stone cut, or re-cut, to fit than to mess around with the bezel. One of the nice things about having a stone cut to fit is that you can have the crown break facets beveled so that the bezel can be pressed down much easier as well as being able to trim the bezel much closer to the edge after setting, thus having more of the stone showing and so look larger.

abrooke22

Rough_Rock
I''m having a really hard time finding any bezels that i like also, HELP?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If we''re talking a relatively small blue topaz (less than 3 carats), you''ll probably pay more for having it set, than for the stone itself, so it might be better to buy the finished ring. That way there''s also no risk of the stone getting damaged in the process.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It shouldn''t be an issue to bezel a blue topaz in a ring. The size of the setting has to be close but it doesn''t have to be perfect. If you know the mm size of your stone, shopping around will be easy as settings are sold with information on what mm size stone will fit into it. Are you looking for a plain bezel, 2 tone, diamond embelishment, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results