shape
carat
color
clarity

Beverley K sample: platinum or 18k?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I am so excited to see your pictures!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 10:16:56 PM
Author: purrfectpear

Date: 8/13/2008 7:41:56 PM
Author: Mediterranean

SDL:

I know, right? It''s so pretty!!!! for the 18K gold wearers: Are we talking white gold? And if so, has anyone had to get theirs rhodium-plated again, or maybe I should ask, does it begin to turn more of a buttery, slightly warm-ish yellow-gold color over time?
I have one ring that''s 18K white gold that''s 3 years old. I''ve not had to have it replated. The others are 14K and no replating there either.

Re the comment that platinum doesn''t show as much wear, in my case I would have to disagree. I have a platinum 5 stone that has a definite ''patina'' (nice word for fine scratches
2.gif
) that the gold rings do not yet have. Especially on the bottom of the ring. Not that it bothers me, but it shows much more wear than the gold rings.
Big ditto to this! My engagement ring is white gold, but I originally bought a platinum wedding band. After only 2 years of wear together, the platinum had scratches and dings that the white gold did not. I''ve since switched to a white gold wedding band.

I''ve also never had to have white gold plated, even with a nickel alloyed gold.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see your pictures. Did you go with white gold or platinum?

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 6:16:38 PM
Author: iluvcarats
Hi upgradable,
I don''t know if I already told you this (sorry if I did)
I have this Bev. K. ring and it has not held up well. It has lost several diamonds and gone out of round 4 times (so far)
It is platinum and is also micropave. The one you chose has a solid band, so you may not have any problems. I chose platinum thinking it would be stronger and hold up better, but I have since learned that platinum actually shifts easier than WG (I don''t understand the properties of metal too much). I wish that I never bought this ring in the first place, and regret having chose platinum. Just my experience, but I thought I''d share.
How unfortunate, becuase THAT is one gogeous band. I would love to see a 2 carat dimaond set on that too! Very pretty!

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
ditto the difficulties regarding platinum''s "softness." it''s certainly beutiful, buti haven''t had much luck with it''s durability. so glad to see you choose white gold! and congrats on a gorgeous ring!
36.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I went with white gold since the bands are quite thin. I can''t wait for these to arrive. I was very patient for the first 4 weeks, these last two however have been killing me. I told Julian I hope I have fingers to put these on, because I''ve been chewing them out of frustration and impatience! My cuticles are a bloody mess!!

historychick

Shiny_Rock
I might be the only person to say this but I like the look of 18k gold that''s not rhodium plated...it has a great natural sheen, you never have to pay for plating, and it''s cheaper than platnium. With the money you save you can get extra bling bling on the wedding band.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Julian is the best and they will be worth the wait! I love my BK band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results