shape
carat
color
clarity

Better Stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

instructable

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I previously posted regarding an EGL stone and the consensus was that the stone was cut too deep (apologies, I can''t find the previous post).

At any rate, I think I''ve done better and I am now considering a GIA graded stone:

Certificate: GIA14233926
Cut: Excellent
Carat: 0.75
Colour: G
Clarity: SI2
Price: $3,288.00 (Canadian)
Measurements: 5.85x5.88x3.58
Depth %: 61.0%
Table %: 58.0%
Crown Angle: 0.00°
Pavilion Percentage: 0%
Girdle: Thin to Mediium
Culet: N
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: No Fluorescence
Clarity-Enhanced: NO

The stone is eye clean; the feather inclusion is difficult to find (the gemologist took a second to find it, he said it was one of the best SI2 stones he''d seen in quite a while).

The stone also shows Hearts and Arrows under a viewer.

I can try to attach a scan of the certificate if helpful...I don''t have info on the crown or pavilion angles. Any comments/feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone!
1.gif

Mark

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is the rest of the information
The numbers are rounded in the usual GIA fashion but it is beetter than no data:

Report Type: GIA Diamond Dossier®

Date of Issue: October 10, 2005

Laser Inscripion Registry: GIA 14233926

Round Brilliant

Measurements: 5.85 - 5.88 x 3.58 mm

Carat Weight: 0.75

Color Grade: G

Clarity Grade: SI2

Proportions:

Depth: 61.0 %

Table: 58 %

Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted

Culet: None

Finish:

Polish: Excellent

Symmetry: Excellent

Fluorescence: None

Clarity Characteristics: Feather

Additional Information

Crown Angle: 35°

Crown Height: 15 %

Pavilion Angle: 41°

Pavilion Depth: 43 %

Star length: 50 %

Lower Half: 80 %

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
fyi you can go to this link and input the report # and weight to check and see if gia has any more data on any gia certed diamond.

http://www.gia.edu/reportcheck/

From the gia numbers (rounded so not 100% accurate), that combo with h&a can be very nice.

How did it look in person?

instructable

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help strmrdr!

The stone looked awesome in person. I had thought that I had found a nice stone previously but when I compared this GIA stone to it, the difference was apparent. I''m realizing how important it is to look at stones in comparison.

I''m just super paranoid about getting value for the price I''m paying, after the retail store experiences I''ve had recently, I''ve become wary of anyone and everyone!

Mark

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
it comes out to 2,803.51 US
and there is i belive a 15% tax so in round numbers you would have to find something around $2450US to compare.
A quick search shows thats a good price for the stone.
You might be able to do slightly better price wise online but not much and you get to see the stone in person and can deal in person.

View it under a lot of light conditions and if it speaks to you I think your good to go.

instructable

Rough_Rock

Thanks again strmrdr, I''ll be looking at it very very closely on Friday but I''m pretty sure that this stone will be the one I was looking for!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results