shape
carat
color
clarity

Better light performance: Flanders or Lucere?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

overflowing

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know which shape in general has better light performance between a Flanders or Lucere?

the details on my hunt:
I''m working with a jewler in Chicago and had them send a Flanders up to Gemex to do a Brilliancescope report. It came back so-so.

White Light (Brialliance) Medium
Color Light (Fire) High
Scintillation (Sparkle) Medium

I''m now sending 3 other Flanders to Gemex to check on these... (and having to pay for the Gemex reports)
7.gif

thanks.

julian

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure there is a default difference like that (the makers of the brands do not release idel proportions for either)... but neither shape comes cut to consistent proportions, so there are better and worse of each type.

Is it possible to line up the stones and decide which looks more brilliant in different lights ? The Brilliance Scope only know to show diamonds under very bright light, for once. I do not know how much the Bscope testing takes or cost, but... what more can they say that you cannot see ? It makes sense to 'scope when the diamonds are not available in person, but when they are - why do it ?

overflowing

Rough_Rock
Hi Ana,

Thanks for your reply. I''ve looked at dozens of diamonds now under the jewlrey shop lights and all look beautiful and sparkly to me. I just want some "apples-to-apples" comparisson that will tell me one diamond''s light performance is better than another''s. Does that make sense? Do you trust the Brilliancescope analysis?

thanks.

Julian

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results