shape
carat
color
clarity

Best way to turn a faint brown diamond pinkish w/ setting?

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
Re: Best way to turn a faint brown diamond pinkish w/ settin

Did you ever decide on a setting? I decided to set my fancy brown in yellow gold prongs and basket and white gold band and it looks fab! Some lighting it looks yellow champagne and others it looks like pink champagne. I love love love brownies. Nothing compares to a huge perfect white diamond but I love my brownies :wavey:

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock

Gem Queen|1397602939|3654050 said:
Jillianfl, you could have it hit with heat and it could turn pink. I had a 6.67 brownish diamond I was going to buy. Seller decided to take it and have it heated and it turned the most fabulous pink. He tripled his money on the stone. Just a thought
How did the price of a natural fancy colored stone triple when it was heated? Just curious as those type of treatments generally diminish the value of the stone??? :confused:

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock

momhappy|1397609291|3654107 said:
Gem Queen|1397602939|3654050 said:
Jillianfl, you could have it hit with heat and it could turn pink. I had a 6.67 brownish diamond I was going to buy. Seller decided to take it and have it heated and it turned the most fabulous pink. He tripled his money on the stone. Just a thought

Is this true? I thought that heat-treated stones were considered to be less valuable. I would purchase a natural brown diamond all day long over a heat-treated pink and I certainly wouldn't pay more money for the heat-treated stone!
That's exactly what I thought. I think the user may have been mistaken or was dealing with an dishonest vendor

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock

I never said it was a natural pink. How would it be natural if it's heat treated!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You can always do what Jack Kelege does and line the basket with pink sapphires to reflect more pink. Some Jack Kelege rings have baskets lined with white diamonds to create more reflection. I bet it would work with something pink as well.

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock

Gem Queen|1426120389|3845836 said:
I never said it was a natural pink. How would it be natural if it's heat treated![/quote
You did say it was a natural fancy brown that was then heated to be pink. Which makes it a natural heat treated pink diamond which actually would diminish the price of the stone. A natural untreated fancy brown should always be more money than a heat treated stone of the same size and quality. We just want to make sure accurate information is swapped here. :wavey:

jillianfl

Shiny_Rock

Not yet, put it on hold for a bit was thinking of selling, ahhh I don't know we'll see. Kind of need funds but trying to hang on to it but things are going better now, it is an amazing stone IMO. Then should I sell my original is it wrong to have two rings? Or I have 2 girls so should I have two eventually for their families? I would like to do a double halo if I can get it done, the inside one rose gold and outside one white gold... Similar to this ring lovely ring that I have seen here on PS, but no split shank for mine, and prongs on mine would be rose gold and cupped in rose gold petals (for ease of cleaning instead of a solid cup)...

What do you think? Any other suggestions welcome, I am a halo lover my only hesitation is I don't know if double halo would make it way too big to wear for my fingers (I have skinny fingers)

_27836.jpg

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock

jillianfl|1426166265|3846017 said:
Not yet, put it on hold for a bit was thinking of selling, ahhh I don't know we'll see. Kind of need funds but trying to hang on to it but things are going better now, it is an amazing stone IMO. Then should I sell my original is it wrong to have two rings? Or I have 2 girls so should I have two eventually for their families? I would like to do a double halo if I can get it done, the inside one rose gold and outside one white gold... Similar to this ring lovely ring that I have seen here on PS, but no split shank for mine, and prongs on mine would be rose gold and cupped in rose gold petals (for ease of cleaning instead of a solid cup)...

What do you think? Any other suggestions welcome, I am a halo lover my only hesitation is I don't know if double halo would make it way too big to wear for my fingers (I have skinny fingers)
That is a beautiful ring! I always love a halo but its not a requirement for me. I absolutely don't think there's anything wrong with having 2 rings :dance: . I have 5 that I switch out depending on my mood. Only one of my e-rings has a halo though. I have many right hand rings with beautiful halo's of different styles. Sometimes its hard to choose because there is so many options :wall: .... good luck :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I definitely would do a halo for the color contrast, but a single halo would be enough for me. Just be sure they make a rose gold cup under the stone but where you can still reach the pavilion to clean it. I'd do everything white metal except the prongs and cup around the center stone. I thought it looked fabulous on the penny and I think you would regret selling it unless you really need to do so. I have two daughters and I hope to have two diamond rings to eventually hand down to them.

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1427119693|3851276 said:
I definitely would do a halo for the color contrast, but a single halo would be enough for me. Just be sure they make a rose gold cup under the stone but where you can still reach the pavilion to clean it. I'd do everything white metal except the prongs and cup around the center stone. I thought it looked fabulous on the penny and I think you would regret selling it unless you really need to do so. I have two daughters and I hope to have two diamond rings to eventually hand down to them.
Great idea! I have my brown set in yellow prongs and basket with all white everything else. I think if you did rose gold it would shine through the stone beautiful for sure!
LOVE your ring btw @Diamondseeker2006 solitaires are some of my favs! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results