shape
carat
color
clarity

best way to take pics for posting???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Please help out.My camera can be set manual setting so what would one suggest.Want to share some pics.Whenever I take a pic of something small it won''t come out properly.ANy tips? Thanks a million..

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you zoom? Do you have the manual? I wish I had better advice because I want to see your pics. I always end up having hubby help me w/pics.
9.gif
Maybe Ellen will chime in; she is great w/cameras.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
What brand and model is it?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I use the macro mode on mine...under best shot...I choose the macro/collection mode. And the next important step is your lighting. Mine has little images indicating the light source. Sun, shade, light bulb, flour. light...if you don't get lighting correct your work will be orange or green or too dark. If you are inside and using light source from a light bulb, make sure your light setting matches that. No flash...try those few steps first.

I have a casio digital.

DKS

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
thanks I have an HP and it has lots of features including manual mode.I am just not able to use it properly.The manual I have and zoom .Just have not been able to take small items properly ( its not for the lack of trying you know) I know I have to practice more, but always get dissapointed and give up quickly...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 8:03:17 PM
Author: scarleta
thanks I have an HP and it has lots of features including manual mode.I am just not able to use it properly.The manual I have and zoom .Just have not been able to take small items properly ( its not for the lack of trying you know) I know I have to practice more, but always get dissapointed and give up quickly...
set it in the mode that has the flower icon and back off 22 inches and zoom in.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 8:03:17 PM
You sometimes have to take a lot of pics to get a few good ones. Don''t give up
2.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
thanks again.Its I will try the Macro as DKS suggested and Flower icon mode with 22 inches away and zoom in as Strm suggested.
RS :I won''t give up as yet not with all of you around...to help out.thanks
Thanks Skip: I remember the last pics you posted your hubby is great with this...One day you will see my pics just don''t know exactly when...If there was an easy camera that would just do it...ha, ha, ha....I did see some people taking lovely pics at a sport event and I even asked what camera it was because it was a bit bigger ( yes I prefer it not too small) and it was the latest Sonny..Don''t know how easy it was but the pics were great from the distance they were able to zoom nicely with great results...
6.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw the 22 inches is a guess, you manual will tell you the min focus distance for each mode.
Add about an inch or 2 too that and try it for a more precise distance.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
thanks Strm...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 7:30:49 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
I use the macro mode on mine...under best shot...I choose the macro/collection mode. And the next important step is your lighting. Mine has little images indicating the light source. Sun, shade, light bulb, flour. light...if you don''t get lighting correct your work will be orange or green or too dark. If you are inside and using light source from a light bulb, make sure your light setting matches that. No flash...try those few steps first.

I have a casio digital.

DKS

Why haven''t we seen pics of your door knob diamond?????

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock

Because it is no longer a doorknob....too many honkers here!! Just kidding (no offense to my twinkie). It is still sitting loose in a safe place...I did call Leon 2 weeks ago, caught him short handed and was to call back on Monday with an email of instructions...I didn''t, got busy.

Need the appraisal, the insurance...it is too much for me to take on...so I am heading into 2008 and it has been loose since 2004. Looser.

Oh, but thanks ever so much for reminding me...like the big L on my forehead isn''t big enough!!

DKS
7.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 12:10:26 AM

Because it is no longer a doorknob....too many honkers here!! Just kidding (no offense to my twinkie). It is still sitting loose in a safe place...I did call Leon 2 weeks ago, caught him short handed and was to call back on Monday with an email of instructions...I didn''t, got busy.

Need the appraisal, the insurance...it is too much for me to take on...so I am heading into 2008 and it has been loose since 2004. Looser.

Oh, but thanks ever so much for reminding me...like the big L on my forehead isn''t big enough!!

You are so funny DKS.Are you a professional comedian or someting like it...No you don''t have to tell it all here Seriously ...
DKS
7.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 12:10:26 AM

DKS
7.gif

Haha! Well I am STILL waiting. Hopefully someday you will get that baby set and we can all enjoy its beauty.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
dks: how about posting a loose one??? or perhaps you already have done so??? Maybe I missed it....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 12:06:26 AM
dks: how about posting a loose one??? or perhaps you already have done so??? Maybe I missed it....

Yeah, we don''t mind seeing it loose
11.gif
27.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear, I can''t post an image of it. It will lose it''s mystique. There''s a air of mystery, an aura of intrigue. It has a reputation. One single public viewing...and all these years of alluding the paparazzi will be wasted.

The door knob will be seen children...in due time... in due time.

DKS

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay but I won''t forget you said that. Everyone else might but not me
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results