shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Ultrasonic Cleaner

nek

Rough_Rock
Dear Forum,

I''ve just read through the "how often can i use my ultrasonic" thread. I would like to purchase an ultrasonic. The thread ends in ''06 to which i can''t reply. I was wondering which ultrasonic everyone recommends today in FEB 2010? I saw a dental grade ultrasonic by Sharptek which looks good.

Cheers,
nek

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the ones that are made in the USA with S/S tank.

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
I purchased my ultrasonic cleaner from Hammacher Schlemmer. Works well.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t get a Sparkle Spa.
I got one last year and it worked less than a month. The store would not take it back because it was outside of their 14 day return period. I could have tried returning it to the mfr., but I did not take the time.

Now I use tweezers to hold the stone under the steam feature on my espresso machine or just a toothbrush.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve had 4 US cleaners - the last one with the SS tank and it eventually started leaking too because so much of it is plastic. I just soak my jewelry in jewelry cleaner (the pink stuff) or diluted Windex and it works great. I have a Jewel Jet steamer cleaner that I pull out if my jewelry starts to get smudgy.

grandeyota

Rough_Rock
I got my ultrasonic from harbor freight about a year ago. I have never used another ultrasonic to compare it to, but it still works with no leaks and makes the ring shine. I empty it after each use and fill it with warm tapwater when it's needed again.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=3305
There are 20% off coupons floating around in popular science magazines and some others, can also find the coupon online sometimes.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I bought one from the sharper image.. don''t know if they still make it but I love it!

;aslkfjipqwehbqe;akghsslw.jpeg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my Crest UC. Look on Ebay. It''s got the heat function, love the basket., it does a great job. I used to work in a high end jewelry store and this measures up nicely.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2010 5:27:08 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I love my Crest UC. Look on Ebay. It''s got the heat function, love the basket., it does a great job. I used to work in a high end jewelry store and this measures up nicely.
made in the U.S.A.
36.gif
what i never understand about PSers is that they spent thousands and thousands of $$$s on jewelry,but don''t wanna invest in a nice well made US cleaner.
33.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2010 3:51:19 PM
Author: redfaerythinker
I bought one from the sharper image.. don''t know if they still make it but I love it!
until it leaks or crack.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2010 10:02:33 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 4/21/2010 5:27:08 PM
Author: Kaleigh
made in the U.S.A.
36.gif
what i never understand about PSers is that they spent thousands and thousands of $$$s on jewelry,but don''t wanna invest in a nice well made US cleaner.
33.gif
I know!!! That just cracks me up!!!

Actually it was YOU DF that got me interested in the Crest. I owe you one!!!
2.gif

It''s rock solid and does such an amazing job...

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I have the one from Brookstone, and it has not failed me so far.
9.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 1:41:55 PM
Author: lilyfoot
9.gif

I have a Brookstone U/S too and I''ve had no problems. Although I did use it to clean my bezel set eternity band once and two stones got dislodged. Luckily I found them in the U/S and I was able to have them re-set into the ring by the manufacturer. That was a scary discovery! I learned my lesson and quickly came to PS to read up on what jewelery NOT to clean in the U/S!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
talk to me a yr from now.
25.gif
sooner or later them plastic ones will crack.ask how many SI owners trashed their unit after the first yr
9.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 8:09:24 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

9.gif
talk to me a yr from now.
25.gif
sooner or later them plastic ones will crack.ask how many SI owners trashed their unit after the first yr
9.gif
That''s ok .. it has a warranty
2.gif

kristenmickel

Rough_Rock
I came crosswise this thread and side with this forum. I like it much and look revealing.
Hope has a fine moment with you all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results