shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Places to Find Cash and Treasures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have any of you seen this show? I think it''s on the travel channel. Anyway, the premise is this woman travels around the country/world and shows you how the average person can hunt at mines for "treasure" such as jewelry grade amethyst in Georgia, black opals in Nevada, and fossils in Wyoming (?). It was really a fascinating show and I highly recommend it. I told Fi, for our next vacation I want to "rough" it and go gem hunting ;-)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like this show, too! The best one I saw was when she was diving for treasure in the ocean and she found a gold coin. I decided it was pirate treasure, but I don''t know if that was true or not.

P.S. I mean to tell you how HILARIOUS your comment about the Dugars "(*crosses legs*)" was! I was laughing out loud! 16 kids-that really kind of creeps me out. Yikes.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea, FI can''t watch the show. It seems like every time it''s on she''s pregnant again. I mean, if you love kids and you can afford to feed and raise them, then more power to you. But I think at some point it becomes unfair to the children. With 16+ kids you can''t devote one on one time with each of them. What kind of "parent" is that? She''s just a baby-making factory.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW, what thread was that in? I can''t remember!

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
As a matter of fact, FI and I are going to North Carolina to do some mining for our honeymoon!
36.gif
I''m hoping to come back with something good enough to facet and have a nice keepsake from our time there.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you going to the Emerald mine???

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/27/2007 10:57:00 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Are you going to the Emerald mine???
We''re going to the Rio Doce mine first, as I''ve heard they have the nicest staff and generally better stones. If time permits, we will also hit the Gem Mountain. Both have emeralds as well as lots of other pretty stones. I believe both of those were covered on that show.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Montana Sapphires..., what a great Gem...

I just don''t know if you can still mine them...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results