shape
carat
color
clarity

best place to register? Macy''s? Bloomie''s?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Trying to figure out the pros & cons regarding where to register because most of the items we want seem to be available everywhere.

Anyone have good/ bad experiences with Macy''s or Bloomingdales?

The main stuff we want is fine china (very common Vera Wang pattern) and stainless flatware.

we already have sterling silverware, waterford glasses, and everyday white dinnerware, good cooking knives, and pots/pans. It is difficult to pick stuff because have owned a home for 10 years. i already own all the basic stuff that is typically on a registry.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i dunno if it helps but we registered at target just bc they have everything we could need
for fine china id say macys, but thats just my personal preference :)

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 9:28:20 PM
Author:Green with Envy
Trying to figure out the pros & cons regarding where to register because most of the items we want seem to be available everywhere.

Anyone have good/ bad experiences with Macy''s or Bloomingdales?

The main stuff we want is fine china (very common Vera Wang pattern) and stainless flatware.

we already have sterling silverware, waterford glasses, and everyday white dinnerware, good cooking knives, and pots/pans. It is difficult to pick stuff because have owned a home for 10 years. i already own all the basic stuff that is typically on a registry.
They''re owned by the same company, so I think they carry a lot of the same inventory. Although, I think Bloomie''s also carries harder to find high-end products that Macy''s doesn''t. However, if you have a Macy''s card, you get a gift card for 10% of the amount purchased off your registry (e.g., if your guests purchase $3000 in gifts, you get $300). If you purchase any wedding attire with your Macy''s card, it is also applied towards your reward. You also get extra free gifts if certain brands are purchased. I''m not sure what type of rewards Bloomie''s gives you, but I think they do since they''re owned by the same company.

Have you considered a honeymoon registry?

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I was going to do Bloomingdales but realized a lot of our family member didn''t live by one so we just went with Macy''s, so far it''s worked well.

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
We did Macy''s and had a great experience. They give the rewards and we ended up with $150 gift card in store credit and got a 20% completion discount.

We also registered at Bed Bath & Beyond, but no one got us anything from there. I think the Macy''s sales were just too good!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
No issues with either from the guest end. Just a matter of deciding which has the most of the styles that you want. I''ve found it very frustrating that while different stores carry the same brand, they often don''t overlap which items from a line they carry.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 10:28:34 AM
Author: zipzapgirl
We did Macy''s and had a great experience. They give the rewards and we ended up with $150 gift card in store credit and got a 20% completion discount.

We also registered at Bed Bath & Beyond, but no one got us anything from there. I think the Macy''s sales were just too good!

MAcy''s is only stating on their website that it is a 10% completion discount. Did you get more because you used a MAcy''s card? Do you have to buy all the stuff to complete your registry in one purchase? Some other stores provide a one time coupon and that sort of sucks.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 11:17:14 AM
Author: Green with Envy

Date: 10/20/2009 10:28:34 AM
Author: zipzapgirl
We did Macy's and had a great experience. They give the rewards and we ended up with $150 gift card in store credit and got a 20% completion discount.

We also registered at Bed Bath & Beyond, but no one got us anything from there. I think the Macy's sales were just too good!

MAcy's is only stating on their website that it is a 10% completion discount. Did you get more because you used a MAcy's card? Do you have to buy all the stuff to complete your registry in one purchase? Some other stores provide a one time coupon and that sort of sucks.
They send you a coupon after your wedding with a code for an extra fulfillment discount, but I think it's only valid for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results