shape
carat
color
clarity

Best place to buy light fixtures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know many of us are doing remodels. What is your favorite online store to buy light fixtures?

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
lightingdirect.com

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I have purchased several lighting fixtures, as well as kitchen and bath faucets and other home fixtures at www.homeclick.com. They have discounts most weekends (especially holiday weekends) and you can get nice rebates going through e-bates.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tacori -

I''m using several different ones, buying fixtures at whichever reputable online source has the best combo of price/shipping. I bought a lot of recessed fixtures at electricsuppliesonline.com. Their prices were quite good and the shipping was reasonable, particularly on large orders. I also used Soho Lighting, Bowery Lighting, and Lighting Universe for specific fixtures when they had the best price. Everything was shipped promptly, arrived when they said it would, and in good condition.

I also used a local bricks & mortar store. Because I was buying so much - we''re adding a third floor and redoing several other rooms - I was able to get really good pricing on some of the recessed fixtures at one of our local stores. I wanted to give them some business because they''d been so helpful. I worked directly with the manager and I was surprised that they were able to give me very good prices on some items - better than someone who just walked in off the street - so I was glad to throw some business their way as well. What I learned from all this is that no one source has the best price for everything and it''s best to comparative shop. There was one light fixture that was discounted to $330 at LampsPlus, but with a lower price and then a brand sale at Soho, the same fixture was $270 with free shipping. It was important for me to stick to a budget, and I was able to do that by spreading my business around.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh - I WISH I could buy light fixtures online. My DH always says "I think I like that one but I would have to see it in person." Sooo frustrating.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2009 10:15:03 AM
Author: puppmom
Ugh - I WISH I could buy light fixtures online. My DH always says ''I think I like that one but I would have to see it in person.'' Sooo frustrating.
We bought all ours locally because I also like to see things in person and touch items before I buy. We bought some of our fixtures at a local shop and some at Home Depot.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions. I do not like the lights at Lowes/Home Depot. My taste is pretty specific. I did go to one B&M but I like more modern lights than they carried. This is my dream light but I cannot justify the price. I''ll post it in case someone has an idea or has seen something similar.

451540st.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also like this light. Love all the different combos the company offers (Justice Design Group) and I LOVE the textured glass shades!
30.gif

ETA: Wish I could see what the top looked like. If I get serious about a light I will see if there is a local dealer where I can see it in person.

153502_family.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them both, but I REALLY love the second one, Tacori. It''s gorgeous! Have you tried going to Lee Lighting? They might have something you like.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 9:11:12 AM
Author: ZoeBartlett
I love them both, but I REALLY love the second one, Tacori. It''s gorgeous! Have you tried going to Lee Lighting? They might have something you like.

That is the place I have been and they didn''t have really any modern lights. This was a few years ago though so maybe there inventory has changed!

I should mention this light will go in our dining room. Currently there is a pool table in there so I wanted something that would work with that and a table if my DH ever grows up
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results