shape
carat
color
clarity

Best place for Pairs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
I have a small asscher sapphire (5.4 mm) that i want to set, but think i need more finger coverage.

Where would you suggest I look for well cut or colored side stones? I am looking at garnets as that is my birthstone, but open to others that go with a color change sapphire of teal blue to amethyst purple

I found a site that had a couple that looked good but forgot to bookmark the site. So now I am starting over again.

Thanks!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I would try Barry at acstone.com, rick at ArtCutSTones and acgems.com- they all have pairs listed on their website.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For pairs, it might be best to have a cutter cut them to get them matched in size and colour. Depending on the colour and shape you want, it can be easy or really difficult. I’m looking for a pair of hot pink sapphire baguettes at the moment, and it’s going to be a challenge. The first thing to decide is the colour, shape and size you want before contacting cutters like Barry and Rick. You can also contact Gene of PrecisionGem, Gary at Diamondexpert, Dan Stair of Customgemstones and Jeff of Whitesgems.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Chrono; sounds like this will most likely need to be a custom job!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I defer to the experts on the general question, but I know that Rick has a pair of rhodolite garnet pears that he''d sent out to me that are quite nice. I don''t have their dimensions, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results