shape
carat
color
clarity

Best place for graduated 5 stone ring''''s diamonds? on a budget?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkygalore

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I are getting custom rings done (with a great joint leaf/vine motif, for anyone who remembers my searches for creative bands.) Our jeweler has offered to find us diamonds, but I feel as though their specialty is more the making and design of the jewelry.

So I''m thinking about sourcing the diamonds myself, but if I do it online, I''m hoping to find a vendor who can not only pick out some beautiful stones, but chose graceful proportions. I also feel as though most vendors are geared to selling one big stone or already-set little stones, and maybe I''ll have the best luck if I find someone who does smaller sets as well. I did email Whiteflash in the very start of the process, but after two nice emails from Lesley, she stopped responding to my questions (either I''m annoying, or our budget is just too low to get much attention.)

Speaking of the budget: it''s 2-3k for diamonds, and we want beautiful sparklies, but aren''t so worried about size right now. I know we can get about .8 tcw for just under 3k at a Hearts on Fire dealer, and since I know from here that they''re overpriced, I feel like we''re in the ballpark for a nice ring... if i can find the right vendor!

Any advice on the best place to go? I''m up for online, but also can show up to places in San Francisco or the Northeastern seaboard from New York to Boston (we''re a bit bicoastal before the wedding.)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm. Try www.facetscollection.com and ask for Isaac. They have great stones in smaller sizes. Tell him what your project is and he may work with you. Also in NY but in Long Island is GOG, www.goodoldgold.com. Ask for Jonathon or Tim. Oh and I almost forgot Mark Turnowski of www.engagementringsdirect.com he is also in NYC. Hopefully they can help you. Good luck!!!
1.gif

sparkygalore

Rough_Rock
Thank you kaleigh! I''ll get on the phone this weekend.

Anyone second those suggestions, or have others?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well if you don''t mind recycling the stones, here''s a great deal on a 5 stone $750 for .75 ctw..

link to ring

043PO13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results