shape
carat
color
clarity

Best PDA/smartphone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I''m looking for one device that could replace my phone and PDA. I''m with Verizon now (think they''re thieves, but they have the best coverage here with Cingular second and Verizon has EV-DO for fastest browsing so far). I''d like wireless, though few devices have it, and also bluetooth. I like the idea of full handheld PC capability, but it may not be necessary...email and decent browsing are the priorities. I want a qwerty keyboard. I hear the Palm Treo crashes alot and that the phone isn''t great.

Does anyone know if there are any cool devices coming out in the next year? So far, I can''t find one device that has everything I want.

teetee

Shiny_Rock
I got a Treo 700p with Sprint in July and have been really happy with it. I just use it for calendar/contacts, email and occasional web browsing. I haven''t loaded any 3rd party applications so it''s been working fine. My only complaint is that I haven''t been able to find a good bluetooth headset but I pretty much gave up on it because I realized I don''t really use the phone that much anyway.

Ok - here''s why I really wanted to respond to this post. The plan I''m on is 500 anytime minutes with unlimited internet for $30/month and the usually stuff like free mobile-to-mobile, 9pm nights and weekend, etc. You just can''t beat this. I was formerly a Verizon elitist but since they wanted to charge me $45 on top of my regular monthly plan for just the internet, I switched and haven''t looked back since. The plan with Sprint is called SERO - Sprint Employee Referral Offer. If you google it, you will find out how to get on it. You need to be referred by a current Sprint employee but there''s a ton of forums that show you how to get it without knowing someone at Sprint. They also have two other variations of the plan with more minutes...something like 1250 min for $50 and a higher one I forget.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing your experience. I''m stuck with Verizon for now because Sprint has poor coverage where I live and Cingular''s version of "broadband" is not really broadband at all. I think I''ll wait a while longer to see what handheld/PC phones come out next year. I really want built-in wi-fi, I think.

I''m glad you''re enjoying your treo. I have heard some negative comments about poor phone quality, but most people I know love them.

Enjoy yours!

lawmax
1.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
My boyfiend has an IPAQ. its just like a mini computer. hes windows and everything. Its great.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
the new treo is supposed to be great. my friend took a photo with the camera and it is unbelievably good...I thought it was a digitial camera!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Have you looked at Nextel''s Blackberry? My husband uses one and loves it.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your replies. The Treo is still of interest, but no wi-fi (I think) and small memory. I'll look at the Ipaq again. Unfortunately, Nextel has no good coverage where I live. The Blackberry is great for corporate workers who need the compatible email, but doesn't do all the things I'd like it to do. Everyone I know who has one for work, uses a separate phone and PDA for other things. Crazy to carry all that stuff! I want one thing attached to me all day and that's it. I think the manufacturers need just a bit more time to come out with a really efficient product that is also a good phone.

Thanks for helping!

lawmax
35.gif

Curls

Rough_Rock
I know you said you were stuck with Verizon due to coverage, but have you checked out T-mobile? They may not have had coverage in your area previously, but they have really expanded their network in the past year. We''ve had a family plan through them for years and my boyfriend started working with them a few months ago. He recently bought a Blackberry Pearl and LOOOOVES it. I think he loves it more than me. Even though I can be jealous if it, I like it a whole lot too. I like that it''s not big and bulky, and it''s stylish. It has a nice little track ball on it too to help navigate, a 1.3 megapixel camera, you can add extra storage with an SD memory card and turn it into an mp3 player with its media player, and it''s bluetooth compatable.

Another incentive to switch to T-mobile is they just launched myfaves, were you can pick up to 5 people that you can call without using your minutes.

Anyways, I didn''t mean to sound like a salesman there (I''m thinking of getting one myself which is why I''m so excited), but I just thought you might want to check your options. You also may want to look at the other companys again, Cingular and Nextel, because maybe their coverage has also increased in your area.

Good luck, enjoy your phone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results