shape
carat
color
clarity

best light at home to view loose diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jmartini

Rough_Rock
OK, we''re meeting with our jeweler tonight to look at more diamonds, however, he is coming to our house this time. Where we will be sitting, we have a chandalier with (5) 45 watt light bulbs that face up toward the ceiling (typical dining room thing). Will this work? We have a big fluorescent light in the kitchen on the ceiling. I know, I know, not the best lighting conditions, right?

What do you think?

Thanks,
Jen

jldunn

Rough_Rock
Get some of those "energy efficient" light bulbs for your chandelier or put one in a lamp and use it in a white walled room. They save you some cash and give a nice white light for getting a clear view of a diamond. I have this over my dining room table and it''s the best light in my house for looking at it. The white light lets you see the color of the diamond (rather than the color of the walls or incandescent light bulb). In my kitchen with track lighting diamonds tend to look a little yellow and sparkle too much to look at (pretty, but blinds you).

Just my personal experience, if any of the experts chime in with something different, I''d take their advice over my own. I''m definitely not a certified appraiser or anything.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are going to look at the diamond at "your own turf", what is better than that.
Your jeweler sounds good allready... (very rare)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results