shape
carat
color
clarity

Best inexpensive high quality peach colored stones?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I have a beautiful peachy/coppery tourmaline, so neon it practically glows in the dark -- took it to a custom jeweler here for estimate on setting & she gasped when she saw it. Cannot manage to get a photo that shows its color accurately; have tried many times. Got it for a great price from Westview Gems http://www.westviewgems.com/. You might ask him -- he only puts up a few pieces but might have or be able to source something for you.

--- Laurie

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Looking at peach stones in person is good because many of the ones that they advertise as peach can look somewhat brown in person. The one I posted has no brown, but another one I got that was advertised as peach did.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just happily cruising thru some of my favourite CS websites and thought of you on this page. Gemfix has some lovely blush pink/peachy toned Tourmalines on this page --- have a browse!
http://www.gemfix.com/tourmaline_red_pink.html
Not sure of the ones on this tourmaline page are too dark for you, but there are a few Nigerian tourmalines on mastercutgems as well
http://www.mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=view&cat=248
and here's another vendor to check out...
http://www.ajsgem.com/morganite-gemstone-beryl-2046340424.html

(not sure if that is helpful, I just like doing my sunday morning browse... and thought I'd post a link or two for you! :)) )

ieatbugs

Shiny_Rock
colorluvr|1343575280|3242475 said:
Looking at peach stones in person is good because many of the ones that they advertise as peach can look somewhat brown in person. The one I posted has no brown, but another one I got that was advertised as peach did.

I have the same concerns: I notice a huge difference just in how gems look on my work computer versus my home computer. It's definitely a purchase I will be making in PERSON :)

ieatbugs

Shiny_Rock
desertgem|1343549902|3242394 said:
I realize that there are concerns about the brittleness of zircons. beryls ( morganite was mentioned) and others in rings, but these are relatively inexpensive stones, and usually are very easy to replace in color and size ( or repaired if minor) . Generally if a stone has a reason to fracture other than accidents, it will do so when being cut. As for any angry backhand to the kitchen counter, you can throw other brittle ring stones, such as emeralds, aquamarines ( also beryl, and emeralds are usually internally weak ).

I guess what I am saying is not to deny oneself from the pleasure of having the color/size stone you want in a ring as long as it serves its beauty. I have used Chrome Diopside stones in a ring , with advice about it hardness being low and being brittle, but I can't find other natural stones of that type of green color when properly cut for a fraction of good color tsavorite. If you can't afford a 4 ct. diamond, you can a nice 4 ct.zircon much easier. If it chips or breaks , it can be replaced.

Just an opinion as the OP specified "inexpensive".

Jim

Hey Jim,

Thanks for your thoughts :) I am probably going to get a smallerish stone/ring in general because I feel those are more comfortable on my hand for every day wear - and yeah, I agree with you about the inexpensive stones. I'm going to be beginning my in person shopping for this while on a trip so I'm not sure what will be available or if any of it will be to my liking, so I've developed a good idea of my likely options and their pros/cons but really... who knows which one will win me over in person! :)

ieatbugs

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi: I do LOVE the peachy pink tourmaline at the bottom center of the gemfix page... I think that's pretty close to my ideal color :)
Although the slightly paler morganite are so pretty too!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
ieatbugs|1343581617|3242511 said:
Enerchi: I do LOVE the peachy pink tourmaline at the bottom center of the gemfix page... I think that's pretty close to my ideal color :)

I know you said your intent was to check things out in Aruba, but if you do decide to purchase from an online vendor, I have ordered from Gemfix and they were wonderful to deal with and their colours were very true to real life. I bought 2 tourmalines and a zircon and all were dead on!

I also had to wait for them to get thru the customs at the Cdn border, which also meant I was charged Ontario HST (13%), on top. Not sure where you are, but adding that bit of info for you!

Happy hunting!

ieatbugs

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi|1343581914|3242512 said:
ieatbugs|1343581617|3242511 said:

I know you said your intent was to check things out in Aruba, but if you do decide to purchase from an online vendor, I have ordered from Gemfix and they were wonderful to deal with and their colours were very true to real life. I bought 2 tourmalines and a zircon and all were dead on!

I also had to wait for them to get thru the customs at the Cdn border, which also meant I was charged Ontario HST (13%), on top. Not sure where you are, but adding that bit of info for you!

Happy hunting!

Thanks for the info, I will definitely keep them in mind. How I wish I wasn't bound my budget to wait for the future!! I could at least order some side stones for now ;D

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
ieatbugs ~ here is a link to a pretty and very reasonable morganite from gemselect. It's emerald cut, 2+ carats.
http://www.gemselect.com/morganite/morganite-329475.php#

Good luck!

Chrissa thanks for the info on zircon and morganite: it really makes me think I could do a zircon ring. :wink2:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey ieatbugs, I'd suggest holding off on the side stones until you've selected your center stone. Too many variables would come into play as to what style/colour/stone you go for. And... the main stone will probably be the larger expenditure, so I'd wait on that!

(and I know you have anothe thread going on that idea for suggestions, just thought I'd pop in here too!) ;))

ieatbugs

Shiny_Rock
wordie89|1343824020|3244200 said:
ieatbugs ~ here is a link to a pretty and very reasonable morganite from gemselect. It's emerald cut, 2+ carats.
http://www.gemselect.com/morganite/morganite-329475.php#

Good luck!

Chrissa thanks for the info on zircon and morganite: it really makes me think I could do a zircon ring. :wink2:

Oh that's gorgeous, but I think I might like this one better:

http://www.gemselect.com/morganite/morganite-328503.php

a little more ballet pink, a little less yellow in it!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
:tongue: Oh yes, I can see what you mean when I enlarge the pics (for my middle aged, myopic eyes). Your example is a bit richer pink but still delicate. Can't wait to see what you end up choosing! Have fun on the hunt!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I haven't read all the responses yet. I would probably go with some sort of garnet. I've seen some really nice peach colored tourmalines too.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a pretty one from Weblorn/Gem nuts and it appears to have been marked down from $360 - $252. It's a 1.8 Malaya Garnet. Sounds a little color change - y in the description: Check the site. Two pics and the other one looks a bit lighter than this one. imperial-garnet-rectangle-180ctb__gemnut.jpg

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
:sun: Trilliant cut stone from Roger Dery. 1.59 Nigerian tourmaline. He doesn't have a price listed but his items seem competitively priced for precision cut stones.

lg-tourmalinepinktrillion1_59ct_spectral_gems.jpg

hmmm, really, when I look at it it looks more dusty rose. Does that mean it has more gray in it? When I think of peaches, I think of pinks and yellow, some deep reddish pink.... what do you think?

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Have you seen the pear shaped morganite on Diamond bistro? It is very pretty on the hand. I believe a PSer is selling it. 3.3 carat for $150. Seems like a great price. :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's a regular poster over on GO and seems like a reputable, informed and genuinely nice person, fwiw.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: ieatbugs! Have you come and gone to Aruba yet and did you purchase anything when abroad?? Just curious... :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results