shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Hair Straighteners

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone...long time lurker here. This is my first time posting in the shopping forum!! You guys usually have your finger on the pulse of what''s great today, so here goes!

I''m in the market for a new hair straightener. I have wavy, long, and very thick hair. I don''t mind spending some money one one if it is great!

A friend suggeted I get the CHI straightener, and I tried to order it over the net, and had a VERY bad experience with the online retailer, beautygalaxy.com.

Any recommendations? Or should I stick with the CHI?

Thanks in advance!
35.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i have the chi and love it. have you tried to get it through a local salon? i shopped around till i found one at the wholesale cost. i think i paid $108. i LOVE it. i''ve tried so many other cheap ones, but they are just not worth it to me.

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I''m in Canada though and the only places that sell them charge 169-199 each. So I may make a trip to the States to pick one up.

Thanks for responding!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif
I don''t know if you can get them in Canada, but for me it is GHD all the way, they are fantastic and I have longish thick curly hair, these babies sort out my fuzzy mop into movie star sleek in no time at all! The only drawback is the price, they are about 100 GBP but I don''t know how many Canadian dollars would be the equivalent. But if you can find them they are wonderful.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah...but do you know what?

For those of us (me included) that have poker straight hair, we spend our time looking for ways to add natural wave, body and curl!

9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my Chi. I got it from www.folica.com

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
I had a Chi, I was just ok for me and my hair is pretty straight, I just wasn''t obsessed with it, mine broke and I wouldn''t buy another one. But does anyone have any other reccommendations, anyone used the ones that dry and straighten at the same time?

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
T3 Tourmaline, without a doubt the best straightener ever. I also had luck with the TruCeramic pro, and then I dropped it
7.gif

ELL

Rough_Rock
Don''t do it on a permenant level! Have you ever tried the Curls Rock products for your curls?

Honeyfly

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/26/2006 11:46:52 AM
Author: Lorelei
Welcome to PS
35.gif
I don''t know if you can get them in Canada, but for me it is GHD all the way, they are fantastic and I have longish thick curly hair, these babies sort out my fuzzy mop into movie star sleek in no time at all! The only drawback is the price, they are about 100 GBP but I don''t know how many Canadian dollars would be the equivalent. But if you can find them they are wonderful.

I agree, GHD is the ultimate!!!! I bought a cheapo one thinking they were all the same, wrong!! Spent 10x more for the GHD, but 100x better! Gets rid of my frizzies too!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
a few of my friends have the GHD and they all love it and swear by it!! (but a word of caution: apparently after excessive use, the ''wire plug'' seems to burn and the whole thing is busted)...i guess because it doesn''t have an ''on/off'' button? not sure about the newer models maybe they do...

i personally have the ''hairtools'' ceramic straightner and am quite happy with the results its provided so far (and it costs a fraction of wat the GHD does)....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results