shape
carat
color
clarity

Best E-Bay bargains...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
... post ''em here. What''s the best deal you ever got on e-bay?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

2.5mm round platinum wedding band for my DH--for about 90 bucks. He loves it and wears it everyday along with his 24K band. He doesn't mind a whit that it came from an estate...... I bought some golden pearls (pendant, earrings, ring) all around 10mm; I wore them for a decade and recently gave them to my sister, now she loves them......

As well, my DH bought a hard to find Taylor Made Wood that he got a great deal on......

cheers--Sharon

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
1) A carnelian bead necklace with solid gold interspace beads and a gold claps - $2

2) A pair of 10.5 gm gold oval cufflinks - $60

3) 2 sets of 16" mikimoto pearls - $300 and $140

4) Victorian sapphire and diamond eternity band in gold and platinum - $50 (valued at $1,000)

Non-jewellery bargain:

An 850gm 1929 regency-style sterling tea-service by Adie Bros - teapot, sugar basin and cream jug - $500 (I saw the exact same set - same maker, date etc - in a shop in London a week later for $3,200)

Lots of other english antique silver bargains.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Well, we got my wedding band (platinum, 2mm) for $60 on e-bay.

And I just won a new Elizabeth Fillmore evening gown in my exact size for $24. I actually didn''t know she made gowns other than bridal gowns and I should look into that in case this is a fake. But the Elizabeth Fillmore wedding gown I tried on at Saks was $5600. So I guess if it IS real, $24 is quite a bargain! Come to think of it, even if it isn''t a real Elizabeth Fillmore, it''s a gorgeously tailored silk tafetta evening gown for $24. Hardly a problem.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
I got my 1940''s vintage wedding set (14k WG, .35 center in illusion setting with baguette sides) for about $300. There are crappy pics of it here somewhere.
5.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Well, I spotted both of my e-rings on ebay (and then spoke with the seller, viewed them in-person, and bought them)....

The first was a 1.92 GIA certified asscher (square emerald cut) "I" and VS1 in a platinum mounting handmade at David Clay in San Francisco (the ring came with original receipts, GIA certification and David Clay appraisals). My husband-to-be found it and got it for....$5000! I think that was pretty good!

Then, after a year we opted to change the whole ring when we spotted a 1.50 emerald cut diamond with .22 triangle cut diamond in platinum. It is a Tiffany & co ring with papers...and we had it sized for free and had the name changed into the T&Co system. It was appraised for $28,200 last year.
For this ring we....Traded my first ring (which at the time had been placed in a new $1500 setting) plus $2,000 for the T&CO ring on Ebay. So I guess we got the T&Co ring for a wonderful $8,500....

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
A Louis Vuitton Speedy 30 bag for $250! (I forget but I think it retails in the $500-$600 range)

It was a) real and b) the handles already had patina on them so I didn''t even have to go through the ugly LV break-in period when even real ones look fake.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I got all four of these chairs for $50!

ebaychairscheap.jpg

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Wow the LV was a steal...and those chairs are so cute!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I just got a Citizen eco-drive titanium watch for hubby for x-mas for $99!

I have also bought a platinum Scott Kay mounting for $300, a .94ct kinda chiped diamond for $300 (it made a beautiful pendant), and I just helped a friend buy a 1cttw 3 stone ring with 1/2cttw band for $500 that came with original receipts of $2,500.

I know I''ve bought more, but can''t remember all of them!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! I am the ebay queen!!! Where on earth do I begin??? Here goes nothin''...

Wedding Dresses:

A brand new Alfred Angelo wedding gown for $.99...saw myself in pictures and hated it!

A new, unnamed 2-piece wedding gown for $.50 (I think I bought it just so I could say I beat out the $.99er!) It was too big and did not do a think for my figure...

The final wedding dress...a NWT Oleg Cassini gown that was originally $750. The gal must''ve been my dress twin, because her $250 worth of alterations she had done (she sent me the receipt for the alterations) made it fit me almost perfectly! So, I got $1000 worth of dress for $51 + $24 shipping, for a grand total of $75 for my wedding dress!
36.gif
(I feel bad she never got to wear it, but hooray for Harleigh!!!)
36.gif

Other wedding related stuff:

I also just won a pair of NWT satin Rampage sandals yesterday with a low enough heel for the length of the Oleg Cassini gown...for $.01!!! That''s right girls, 1 red cent! (I must be a bit taller than the gal before me...my 4-inch heels just won''t fly in that gown, so I was aiming for cheap and functional!)

I also found FI''s Tungsten wedding band, which was over $1K at the jewelers he saw it at, for around $40 (can''t remember exactly) on ebay...if I''d''ve just used the "Buy it Now" I could''ve had it for about $20, but I didn''t think anyone else was going to bid on it! (I HATE when that happens!!!)
9.gif

I have so many more bargains that I just don''t think I can list them all...

I''ve gotten almost all of the OOT welcome bag stuff on ebay...just off the top of my head, I have gotten bath salts in the wedding colors, playing cards, hawaiian shirt keychains, beach balls, the tote bags the stuff is going in at the hotels as well as the shipping boxes to send out the STD''s in. I got a laminator for $9 along with about $50 worth of laminating materials the seller threw in, which was worth way more than the laminator! I also got my STD luggage tags and loops (pre-laminated DIY jobbies) for less than 7 cents each! Hee hee hee! (I just
30.gif
a good deal!)

Also, I got embroidered tote bags for my BM''s in the wedding colors, my "Will you be my BM?" cards, an a-line slip for my dress, 2 rhinestone/rhinestone and pearl headbands (each 99 cents), a two-tier ivory veil and God only knows what else for the wedding on ebay!

And you all know how cheap I am, so I can''t begin to tell you how inexpensively I got all of this stuff! I think I am going to start a list with how much each thing cost so I can fill you guys in on it when it''s all said and done!
21.gif

There''s just too much more to list and it''s late, so I''ll have to go weed through all of my stuff and get back to you all later!!! I think I may have a problem, but at least I can admit it!!!
36.gif

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
***Hi, my name is Harleigh, and I am an ebay addict...***
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Indy...did you have me in mind when you started this thread???
31.gif
I can''t wait to see your $24 dress!!! Woo hoo! Hooray for you!
36.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to you guys that have the gift of sniffing out bargains on EBay. I can never do it & the site confuses me. Are there any trigger words or some phrases that help find these quality peices or is it just a matter of spending a lot of time on that site scrolling page after page? I would like to find bargains too.
LOL

Judy
:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results