shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Dog News Ever!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone. I have been away and I miss you all. All your posts, all your excitement and everything about all of you. I also miss looking at bling, buying bling and everything bling related. So....here's what happened. In August my dog had her dental cancelled due to a heart arrhythmia. Testing revealed a moderately enlarged heart. The vet cardiologist had a 6 month waiting period for new appointments. I got lucky and was able to schedule her 2 months instead of 6 months. I wish blessings upon the receptionist who took pity on me and my dog and got me in today.

So I worked hard and saved money for the testing. I did not want to put anything on credit right now. And the economy has me worried. I needed to add to my emergency fund, work on paying off my mortgage and save for Christmas which is a big deal for some of my relatives who get gifts of things they need versus things they want. I did not want to let anyone down. My anxiety level very high. No bling for me. And......as expected the echo was very expensive as was the visit. We will move up to another expensive test next week- Holter monitor just to be safe. But the echo was normal!!!!! I actually expected dilated cardiomyopathy which does not have a good prognosis in regard to lifespan. The echo results are actually good enough for me but we will proceed to the Holter monitor next week just in case.

I am beyond relieved. I know anything can happen at anytime, especially when it comes to our pets. But I feel like the sword of Damocles is no longer over my neck because I love my dog THAT much. Vet kept explaining how we could stretch things out due to expense, because if for some reason the Holter monitor results are concerning we move on the abdominal ultrasound. If it gets to that point I am experienced enough with Hemangiosarcoma to put the brakes on anything after that Ultrasound.

So thanks for reading up to here! : )

Wishing everyone and their loved ones great health and a super happy bling.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lisa Loves Shiny -

Now THAT'S good news! Congratulations - and best wishes for many, many more happy, healthy years with your canine family member!

<3

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Lisa Loves Shiny You’re the best dog mom! That’s wonderful news that the echo is normal. A happy healthy furry child is better than any bling..I hope the holter results come back great..Please keep us posted..

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Hope your furbaby's condition continues to get better! That is indeed good news!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lisa Loves Shiny Oh my goodness. How beyond stressful ;( And what WONDERFUL news to start the holiday season with!!! :appl: :love: :appl: :cool2::appl:God knows I understand exactly how soul-sucking worrying about a furbaby is - I expect a lot of us do!!

I was actually just thinking about you a couple of days ago - I was cleaning my blue akoya studs and thinking about your photo with a box full of pearl treasures :bigsmile: I happen to have a brand new blue Mrs Box (fitting!) in the Petite size that I was saving for a ring I’m no longer having made, and rather than storing it - it would make me much happier to send it to you as a little celebration, if you would have use for it, from one pearl-loving furparent to another!

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good news!:dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lisa Loves Shiny that is awesome news!!!

We have to get an echocardiogram for our Tommy cat and your uplifting news gives me hope! Thank you for sharing and all the best to you and your sweet dog. I totally get it, they are our family. The best of our family. So happy for you.:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results