shape
carat
color
clarity

Best digital cameras

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d like to finally join the digital age and buy a digital camera. I''m not sure what features would be worth considering, but a MUST is that it''s easy to use. What brand would you recommend and why?

Thanks in advance!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I think Nikon cameras are incredible. I currently have a Sony Cybershot 7.0 mp, it takes great photos but the shutter delay is very frustrating. I would go with a Nikon for my next one.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the recommendation and the link. Belle, I should have thought to start there. I''ll go read through it now.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Good idea! I''m in the market for one, too, and that thread helped me make up my mind. Thanks belle! I just realized that while I was going to get the Canon SD700 IS I can get the SD800 IS and stay in my budget! Yay!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
on the low end the canon 570IS is a lot of bang for the buck.
on the high p&s range the canon s5IS rules.
out of the very small cameras the Fuji FinePix F31fd kicks butt
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmf31fd/page11.asp
If it didn't use xD-Picture Cards it might be the top overall best choice for most people.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i lurve my canon sd550 and if i got another one today i''d get the latest, the 800whatever is out....!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2007 7:57:21 PM
Author: Mara
i lurve my canon sd550 and if i got another one today i''d get the latest, the 800whatever is out....!!

How is the shutter speed on your camera?

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
These were taken with my Canon Powershot S3. I love it. I''m not a terribly experienced photographer and I take better pictures with it than my husband, and he IS an experienced photographer. It''s definitely the camera, LOL!

blue chrysanthamum22web.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I meant to say I take better pictures with my S3 than my husband takes with his camera. He kicks my butt when he uses my camera, LOL!

Here''s the other shot.

finale22web.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I couldn''t resist posting this one, too. It''s not very crispy clear (didn''t have a tripod with me), but it''s kind of cool how the fireworks were so bright that they lit the cars parked in the field.

Finale 11web.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a canon sd800is and love it
5.gif

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
I have a pentax. I can''t remember the model number, but it''s a waterproof model. I remember it was around $200, 6 megapixels, very reasonably priced.

I LOVE it. I love being able to take it to the pool, go snorkeling, traveling, and not worrying about it getting wet. It''s very durable and has suffered some banging up without any ill effects. Great if you like a little adventure.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2007 11:16:21 AM
Author: musey
5.gif

How is the shutter speed?

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2007 2:58:14 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Date: 7/6/2007 11:16:21 AM

Author: musey

5.gif

How is the shutter speed?

I have the same camera - I find the shutter speed to be adequate. There are times when I wish it were faster, but I''ve had cameras with a faster shutter and most times I ended up with blurry photos. This never happens with the canon! I''ll take the slightly slower shutter for clear, crisp pictures any day
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Danielle. I want a new digital but figure with a baby it might be best to have a faster shutter speed. Hmmm...guess I will have to research it!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
has anyone tried the nikon d40? It''s somewhat new but looks really good. They are doing a lot of marketing on this camera. I am intrigued...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm tacori i never thought about the shutter speed really. i guess it''s good, i do take a lot of pictures of portia and she can''t hold a pose for very long and i manage to get some shots. i think you can also read reviews online, i want to say the website is dlpreview.com or something like...they have all types of stats on the cameras and would imagine they''d show shutter speed comparisons etc etc. my camera also has a continuous snapping tool which i don''t think i have ever really used but if i keep my hand on the button it just keeps snapping the photos as well.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2007 4:20:28 PM
Author: diamondsrock
has anyone tried the nikon d40? It''s somewhat new but looks really good. They are doing a lot of marketing on this camera. I am intrigued...
canon 400d aka sti is a better camera.
only advantage the nikon has is its a little easier to use, but once you learn it the simplicity can be limiting.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
My preference is the newly released Canon SD850 IS. It''s the successor to the SD700 IS.

The SD850 IS goes up to ISO 1600, so I think it''s totally fine for what you want.

The Canon S3 is nice, but I felt the macro mode was inferior....couldn''t seem to get the same kind of popping diamond shots with it that I do with the SD700/SD850.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2007 12:51:33 PM
Author: Mara
i think you can also read reviews online, i want to say the website is dlpreview.com or something like...
It''s dpreview.com, and, yeah, they were most helpful when I bought my first digicam. They also have an extremely active forum, though it''s certainly harder to wade through than this one!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I bought FI the Canon 400d which is amazing. I am really impressed and it''s pretty easy to use (and cheaper than the similar Nikon)

The additional lenses are pricey though (and you will want them eventually, trust me!)

I have a little Nikon Coolpix which is fine for holiday/party snaps but not great for bling or serious photos.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results